Pedant, moi? Brompton upgrade (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Recently had an upgrade to my wife’s Brompton Electric. Rutland Cycles are being taken over and migrating their data and, for some reason, cannot record this. Brompton emailed me saying that their records don’t show the bike as being upgraded and, if it is, please update on their website. Tried to but the computer says no to my (correct) 10 digit frame serial number. Their Support Chat suggested I send an email so I did.
My internal pedant reared it’s ugly head at this point ( I try to keep it under control).
Pedantic point 1. In the email I told them to change their description of the “error” from “no more than a value of 10“ to “no more than 10 digits”
Pedantic point 2. I told them that they should change their drop down menu listing choice from “UK” to “England etc… as we are part of a sovereign state as the UK is not a country. They are a British company so should know this.
I need therapy, or a job to keep my occupied!

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
But technically, England doesn't meet the requirements to be a country either because it's not self-autonomous and independent. But the United Kingdom (of Great Britain and Northern Island) does.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Oh, and I got my wife's Brompton Electric upgraded at Pure Electric. I've also received the same email.

OP
OP
Conal
Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Guigsy I am not an expert, and my badly expressed point was that before I got old and grumpy - when I was younger and grumpy, I was too busy too worry about such things, to wrongly quote an ongoing thread here, getting old is sad……

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Don't worry, I'm also a pedant. I think you are correct that the UK is legally a sovereign state made up of countries. But like most things, reality isn't convenient like that. Their database needs you to enter 'UK' on the form, but you'd end up putting a paragraph of description to deal with oddities like England. So they don't bother and just label it 'country'.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back