Patriot Lock (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
Hello to Everyone
First post.
Can anyone tell me the measurement between the pin end cap and the body of a Oxford Patriot bike lock.
I would like to use It as a seat lock but need to know If It will fit through the two base plates.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
There are two versions of the lock - one is designed for a chain and the other for the width of a motorbike disc.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Hello to Everyone
First post.
Can anyone tell me the measurement between the pin end cap and the body of a Oxford Patriot bike lock.
I would like to use It as a seat lock but need to know If It will fit through the two base plates.
They come in two different lengths......I believe most people use the shorter of the two.

There are comprehensive threads about them on here somewhere, but I’m sure someone will be along with an answer too.

Here is an image from a poster in one of those threads.....

71640F83-5A37-4F4D-8EE2-D6CAB5EDE662.jpeg

I think it was from this one.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I belive they do but wait for definate answer
Also i believe there are two sizes of lock just to complicate things

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hello to Everyone
First post.
The way I fitted mine only requires the pin to penetrate 1 of the plates.
Oxford Patriot 2.jpg

Feel free to PM me if you require further detail.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I’ve got the longer shaft version in my garage as I ordered the wrong one.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The way I fitted mine only requires the pin to penetrate 1 of the plates.View attachment 462535

Feel free to PM me if you require further detail.
Mine is fitted the same as Phil's above, with the Aguti seat base you only need a standard 2.5mm thick 14mm washer on the pin for a snug fit. Fiat seat base needs a 7mm thick washer as the steel plate is much thinner.

OP
OP
B
Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
First off, thanks to everyone for the prompt replies.
I've already drilled the seat bases as I have made my own device from a stainless bolt and a padlock with the lock underneath. Having said that the Oxford bike lock looks a much neater idea If I can get It to fit, my idea for this project Is to fit the Oxford underneath the seat base with as little of the shaft above the base as possible.
My two bases are two centimetres thick so I need the lock shaft to bridge this distance.
Landy Andy. If your long lock would bridge this gap I would rather give you the money than a company.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Landy Andy
I've already drilled the seat bases as I have made my own device from a stainless bolt and a padlock with the lock underneath. Having said that the Oxford bike lock looks a much neater idea If I can get It to fit, my idea for this project Is to fit the Oxford underneath the seat base with as little of the shaft above the base as possible.
My two bases are two centimetres thick so I need the lock shaft to bridge this distance.
Landy Andy. If your long lock would bridge this gap I would rather give you the money than a company.

balooboat if you put an @ in front of the user name it will alert them to the post 👍🏼

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Sorry which user name?
No need for any kind of apology...👍🏼

The user name of the person who your referencing or who’s attention you want to attract.

Like this balooboat ......after the @ as you start typing the users name, you will see a drop down box to pick the user from, then when you post it will be in blue and it will notify the user that they have been mentioned in a thread.👍🏼

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Will dig it out at weekend and measure it for you. If I remember, shout if I don’t.

OP
OP
B
Jan 27, 2021
Swansea, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 442
Home made idea for a seat lock that won't cost to much.
Balooboat
20210205_134517.jpg
20210205_134721.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back