brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Security is always an issue whilst motorhoming so I thought I’d share a tip with you all.

We have a Pilote XXX and there is a liftable flap on the back of the dinette seats which hide the seatbelt fastener when not in use. This is also ideal for putting passports, well hidden but also easily accessible.

For extra security nudge the passport with clumsy fingers so it slips down the back of the seat. It should now be sitting snugly behind the steel post which fastens the seat belt to the chassis.

The best way to retrieve the passport is to drain the fresh water, disengage all the relevant plumbing, remove the fresh water tank, undo the bolts holding the steel support from the floor and pop the passport out. Remembering to replace plumbing, fresh water tank, steel post etc. What could be easier?

Only an idiot would try to push the passport from its resting place using a long thin instrument- say a fly swatter, go outside in the rain to the heater cupboard, disconnect several heater pipes. Hold a torch between the teeth, reach in under the double floor causing severe lacerations to the forearm before withdrawing the passport with the tips of fingers and dropping it in the mud.

There, an easy way to be secure and endear yourself to border officials of any country.

Stay safe everyone.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Why not just get a cloth face mask printed with your passport information page ? Then when you roll up to the passport control you can make to hand your mask to the official who will recoil in horror and wave you through.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Yet another reason to buy a PVC, Murvi's have fitted safe! :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
On a serious note, it is worth taking a photo of your Passport Details Page and storing in a Cloud Account. If you are unlucky enough to lose your passport and need to obtain a temporary travel document from a British Consulate/Embassy, you will be easily able to retrieve the necessary details. 🤞

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now

They're really easy to spot in the supermarket car parks though

romanian.png

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
You know it was - just a little bit ;)
Well I found it funny... but then I am easily amused... which I find to be much better than taking everything so seriously... after all is this not supposed to be a FUN place with FUN FUNSTERS.
Well mainly anyway. 😎😎😎

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back