LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
my wife has a hospital appointment in Leeds and we will be in the Motorhome. The website for park and ride says height barriers in place. Do they have any Motorhome spaces as well?

Aug 2, 2017
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo It 724
Exp
Since 2015
Why not try Leeds council/parking direct on their website - as soon as I logged on I was offered a 'Live Chat' option.
At least it should be reliable information. Best of luck.

OP
OP
ceejayt

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I emailed them. Instant response. Alwoodley has no height restrictions. The others are 2.35 metres and cannot be lifted.

So there you have it

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I emailed them. Instant response. Alwoodley has no height restrictions. The others are 2.35 metres and cannot be lifted.

So there you have it

We have used ti some years ago and it is fine and has a decent bus service into the city centre. The don't take Scottish bus passes though

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
my wife has a hospital appointment in Leeds and we will be in the Motorhome.
It may be worth your while contacting the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital. Some years ago our car was off the road and we needed to use our van to get to our local hospital. The PALS people made special arrangements for us to park on site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Why not try Leeds council/parking direct on their website - as soon as I logged on I was offered a 'Live Chat' option.
At least it should be reliable information. Best of luck.

You cannot count on that for all Councils. I phoned Edinburgh Council once and got through to the Parking Dept. The guy did not know but said he would check. He confirmed one S. of the City had no barriers.

Wrong.

Fortunately there is an office block adjacent and it was Sat. so CP almost empty and the Security guy(Polish) said we could park.

Geoff

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You cannot count on that for all Councils. I phoned Edinburgh Council once and got through to the Parking Dept. The guy did not know but said he would check. He confirmed one S. of the City had no barriers.

Wrong.

Fortunately there is an office block adjacent and it was Sat. so CP almost empty and the Security guy(Polish) said we could park.

Geoff
I remember that happening as it was mentioned on here at the time it changed (about 8 years ago).
The Sheriffhall P&R belongs to Midlothian Council, not Edinburgh. It originally had no height barriers but they were introduced because of abuse. It took a little while for the records in neighbouring authorities (such as Edinburgh) to be updated. Midlothian Council had updated its web site immediately.

carthorse

Free Member
Sep 13, 2018
Gods own
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67s
Exp
Getting the hang of it
A word of caution about using the Alwoodly P&R it's right next to a school and not a nice one reports of cars being broken into dispite cameras.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Have a look at Temple Green Park and Ride, they have a number 0113 2457676.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
A word of caution about using the Alwoodly P&R it's right next to a school and not a nice one reports of cars being broken into dispite cameras.

Alwoodley used to be THE place to live when I were a Lad.

It wasn't that long ago??? Was it?

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Globe Traveller
Exp
40+
We are based just outside the City, you could park without problem here, Bus Stop 100m away or possibly loan you a Car.
PM if it’s of interest.

Reactions: GJH
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
The school is a good one. So your reports are wrong. All P+Rs have cars broken into. The Alwoodley one is next to a council estate.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back