Panaramic Overcab window Leak , wind whistle . (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We have a Chausson 2017 718XLB noticed it leaked water in (dripped ) and also found at 50mph + it had a wind whistle, Dealer said this was common, maybe others have this problem on same make or different make as same parts are used on various makes. Having it replaced under Water ingress Warranty, so I suddenly realised for us it pays to keep up the Habitation Servicing which in Chausson's case you have to have it done by the Chausson Dealers

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Have the same issue on my 2019 Welcome Premium 530. Warranty claim accepted in September however still waiting for replacement parts. Dealer seems unable to get any action from Chasusson, so planto have an interesting chat with them tomorrow.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
It has been fairly well documented as a problem. Some dealers were fitting bigger rubbers under instruction from the manufacturer, but the acrylic panel was warping and lifting as you drive along. Obviously you will have a new panoramic window fitted under warranty, but if not I would suggest converting it to a permanently closed window and sealing it shut with sikaflex

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
It has been fairly well documented as a problem. Some dealers were fitting bigger rubbers under instruction from the manufacturer, but the acrylic panel was warping and lifting as you drive along. Obviously you will have a new panoramic window fitted under warranty, but if not I would suggest converting it to a permanently closed window and sealing it shut with sikaflex

we are told it will be replaced , as usual when as reply above !!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
we are told it will be replaced , as usual when as reply above !!
and so it should be under warranty, but the issue will come back when your van is no longer in warranty. It's a design flaw/failure and needs a permanent fix

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
I and others have had exactly the same problem.

(If you’ve not done so already, join the the Facebook Chausson Owners Group for more info).

As a few people have suggested, mine was sealed shut since July last year to ensure it would not leak / blow off.

My van is currently with the dealer for a replacement as well as dealing with other warranty issues.

It is getting fitted with a new design from a different supplier that appears to resolve the problem (fingers crossed).

Send me a PM if you want more details....

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
On my last van, a Bessacarr 564, I had a non opening light over the cab. This was prone to condensation, especially with the silver screen on , I asked various Swift people “where does that water go?” they just shrugged their shoulders and didn’t know. Obviously, when in the van, I tried to minimise where it went But some still ran down somewhere.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Two years ago I lost the window completely in strong winds on a rollerstream in New Zealand
These panaramic windows are not fit for purpose, I made absolutely sure all the catches were locked shut and driving at 50mph a strong gust of wind snapped all the locks and lunched the window, luckily it didn’t hit anyone,
Finishes the holiday with duck tape and tie raps to hold it in place,

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Update , new window with dealer, now just want the frame to turn up!! Completely different to our clip down one , apparently it's the wind up one.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Yes been there done that with our Chausson 627GA - we now have the wind up one which rectified the problem- after the dealer had to refit it properly!

They had previously replaced it twice with the old model window.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
My dealer is still not prepared to change rooflight, says Chausson will only approve new seal and this is on a 69 plate 530.

I've been waiting since September for the new seal!!

As I can't drive it or sit on a site without it raining in, its starting to look like starting the rejection process for good supplied of not merchantable quality and not fit for the use intended.

Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Sorry to hear that Kraken, I remember your issues on my previous post regarding this matter.

It probably doesn't help but I informed my dealer that if they couldn't provide me with a motorhome that doesn't let the wind & rain enter then it would be parked across their forecourt until it was sorted!

Perhaps if Tony50 is willing we could forward the details of our dealers & vehicle details to help your case?

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Thanks for the offer, any extra pressure I can apply may help.

If you want to PM details rather than post on an open forum, that would be great.

By the way, can't park my motorhome across their entrance, as I told them to keep it in November when it transpired the parts for the warranty repairs were not available when I took it in on the date they requested for the work to be carried out.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We had the whistling problem in our Bailey 68-2. Dealer replaced the seal under warranty. That seemed to do the trick.

Wyn

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Thanks for the offer, any extra pressure I can apply may help.

If you want to PM details rather than post on an open forum, that would be great.

By the way, can't park my motorhome across their entrance, as I told them to keep it in November when it transpired the parts for the warranty repairs were not available when I took it in on the date they requested for the work to be carried out.
I deal with Simpsons in Great Yarmouth, The Service Manager is great she said they have replaced several, and confirmed that a Warranty Claim has been accepted by Chausson and a modified wind up one Will be fitted. I think your Dealer don't want to do the job, I Would have another go at them ,show them this reply if you want, legally they have to fix it don't accept a new seal.

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Thanks for the info, its appreciated.

Contacted the dealers service department this morning and they confirmed the warranty claim had been accepted. They offered to secure the rooflight so I could use the motorhome, which has not been offered up to this morning. At this point I made it clear that I would not be accepting a new seal and would be expecting the modified wind up rooflight to be fitted. After this frank discussion I was advised they are now not sure what Chausson are supplying to rectify the problem and are checking again with Chausson and will update me as soon as they have a response!

There are also another couple of warranty replacement parts that have still not been provided by Chausson despite the claims being accepted in October last year. It seems that getting warranty spares from Chausson takes an age, as commented on by other owners.

AXO66

Free Member
Oct 6, 2016
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Chasson 510
Exp
Blimey..... keeping an eye on our panoramic window now.
So far no problems , we do use the second lowest lug to fasten it down and seems tight all round.
Guess one of us will have to stand up at 50mph and inspect.

(We have a 2015 built Chasson 510, 66 plate)

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
You won't need to stand up, as if you have the problem you can hear it very clearly from the drivers seat and if its raining you get wet!!!

OP
OP
T
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Blimey..... keeping an eye on our panoramic window now.
So far no problems , we do use the second lowest lug to fasten it down and seems tight all round.
Guess one of us will have to stand up at 50mph and inspect.

(We have a 2015 built Chasson 510, 66 plate)
My wife noticed a wind whistle first as I am a little deaf but when I first heard it I thought it was from the driver's door area.wife proved me wrong again, but I have been right twice this year already !! ?

Sep 25, 2018
Funster No
MH
Chausson 628eb Ford 170
Exp
September 2019
We have a LHD Chausson 628eb Ford 2018 model.

About ten months into ownership I noticed that the plastic Skydome had warped and the two top corners had lifted up. I reported it to the dealer but had to wait about two months for the replacement part.

The dealer has now fitted the far superior wind up model. Very heavy duty and solid with a much better quality finish.

In fairness to Chausson I have found them excellent and have had no warranty work refused. The dealer in Perpignan, France, is poor. I am completely satisfied with the manufacturer however and would buy another Chausson.

It is obviously a design/quality control problem and I would advise checking if you have a Chausson model. I read above that in some instances Chausson are just sending out new seals. Do push for the upgraded complete skydome if you can.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back