Oyster spinning!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
You may have seen my request for a Oyster "black box" with no luck on he. So I had to bite the bullet and buy a new one from Oyster who have been VER VERY HELPFUL. I now have the new box and installed it and everything is working.

BUT:-

The dish will not lock on to Astra 2. I know I can wait until Tuesday when Oyster's tech man is back but I am keen to get it going ASAP. Any suggestions please

colyboy

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Set it to Astra 1 and then manually adjust to Astra 2
The settings can be found using

dishpointer.com

Just enter info
Postcode or address and what satellite
It then gives you the settings so you can manually set dish
You may need an update for receiver

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
I know nothing...but. Had an Oyster dish start spinning while on a site Unplugged every thing,waited 10 mins plugged it all back together,sorted ? Don't ask me why.
Chap passing by asked if the dish was working,he thought at the rate it was going round,either it was a stealth helicopter i had,or multiple missiles were incoming LOL This may,may not help,but worked for me.
Tea Bag

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi could you let me know please regards steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have to ask the question. Why did you replace the box. If the dish is the old analogue it wont work with a digital box.

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Snowbird. My old "magic box/black box" is u s . Oyster sent it back to Germany to get it sorted but no luck. Had to buy in new which looks the same and all fitting are the same. I think I will have to wait until Tuesday to have a chat with Oyster

colyboy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Snowbird. My old "magic box/black box" is u s . Oyster sent it back to Germany to get it sorted but no luck. Had to buy in new which looks the same and all fitting are the same. I think I will have to wait until Tuesday to have a chat with Oyster

colyboy

When was the last time the old Oyster worked ?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
colyboy
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Thanks everyone for your help. Tried all of the above and it now works. Tried unplugging, stop and starting etc etc. Then put it up and for got about it, went and had lunch after an hour went to see what was happening only to find it had hooked on to Astra 2. Tried it several times since and still locks on. Thanks have A GOOD Christmas an good and save travels in the New Year.
colyboy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back