Free Member
Jul 22, 2018
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
2014 Hobby 65 GE
Exp
Since May 2018
Suffered my second failure of the system in just over 3 months and have decided to cut my losses and spend no more money on it.
Problems started mid May when I tried to put the dish up and it went right over and was pointing skywards. I found some good info on here about removing the fuse, waiting an hour and reinserting it, that got it back to its home position.
On trying to put it up again it raised itself but wouldn’t rotate.
I booked it into Oyster where the very helpful Pat diagnosed a Y motor failure and was replaced at £300.
System worked normal until August 19th, on-site in Cambridge, I hear the dish motor operating and the tv loses signal, look outside to see the dish again pointing skywards.
Spoke to Oyster tech the following day, again support cannot be faulted,they talked me through some diagnostics and concluded the “brains unit” was faulty, estimated repair cost £300 to £500 depending on fault.
Oyster say the only way to get the dish back to its home position is to get up on the roof ,loosen the 2 17 mm bolts and manually put it down.
Managed to get a ladder on site and was quite easy to get it down.
System was on the van when I bought it 15 months ago and I assume it was on it since new so suspect it’s coming up for 5 years old.
As I said earlier the support from Oyster
was first class and cannot be faulted in any way.
Would I put on on another van if I got one, definitely not, for the cost of the system and the faults/cost it’s not worth it in my opinion.
Any comments?

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have a 15 year old Oyster Caro square shaped thingy on ours, it seems to find a signal if no trees etc are blocking so as long as it works ok will leave well alone
I know what you mean though if ours was going to cost that much to repair it would also be disregarded.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back