Oyster Cytrac (1 Viewer)

Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Wonder if anyone can help?

Hoping someone may be able to advise.

My Cytrac is sticking in the down position with an error code displayed 'Y Motor error'.

I have spoken with Oyster Tech in Welford and I have gone through a process of releasing the 13mm bolt, moving the dish up and down, resetting the system by holding all four buttons down, tightening back up the bolt and then power on, tick box and then the Y motor error comes back on. I can hear a click as if the motor is wanting to start, then opening is displayed and then Y motor error again is displayed. Tried this half a dozen times and no joy.

Next step is to take the unit off the roof and take it over to Welford as this will be quicker than booking in the motorhome which will be late June.

Just wondering if anyone else may have had the same issue which can be an easy fix to save a journey?

Without wanting to tread on Oystertech's toes was thinking that another head looking at the situation may help?

For the record I had lithium batteries fitted last week at Oaktree and Oystertech have suggested that maybe a surge could have knocked the motor out? but would be a big maybe.

Peter

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon Peter,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.
The problem will either be motor or PCB related (both of which are housed inside the roof unit) however I'm afraid that we are unable to fully diagnose the fault without seeing the unit. Personally I would doubt that the problem will have anything to do with the battery being changed. I don't know who advised you that the battery could be an issue but it's not something I would associate with a problem of this nature.

As you have already been told, we have quite a backlog of work right now due to being closed for much of the last year so our diary is currently very busy. Our first available appointment is currently Tuesday the 1st of June and, at the moment, most of early June is still available so should you wish to book an appointment please give us a call in the office on 01858575928.
Alternatively, as you stated, we are offering a service where by you can drop the unit in with us and then return at a later date to collect. Right now the turnaround time for this option is around 2 weeks but we do endeavour to get them turned around as quickly as we can.

We appreciate that these waiting times are rather large at the moment and we understand the frustration of not being able to get a booking when people have made plans to go away however at the moment we just haven't got the staff to get through things any quicker right now.

Unfortunately this is not a problem that has an "easy fix". We do offer processes to go through when on the phone to customers but electronic or mechanical failures do require further investigation unfortunately.

Myself and my colleague Pat are doing extra hours to try and get through the backlog in the workshop so my advice would be to drop the unit off and then hopefully, unless we run into any unexpected issues, we can get it sorted for you a little quicker than 2 weeks. I just can't make any promises though.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Myself and my colleague Pat are doing extra hours to try and get through the backlog in the workshop so my advice would be to drop the unit off and then hopefully, unless we run into any unexpected issues, we can get it sorted for you a little quicker than 2 weeks. I just can't make any promises though
Your reputation goes before you Anthony OysterTech great to hear you are busy in these troubled times? Good luck to you both.😊👍

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Many thanks for your kind words Alan. We're just trying to muddle through right now but it's a hard slog trying to catch up after almost a year off. We'll get there though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
P
Nov 7, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Good afternoon Peter,

Sorry to hear about your ongoing issues.
The problem will either be motor or PCB related (both of which are housed inside the roof unit) however I'm afraid that we are unable to fully diagnose the fault without seeing the unit. Personally I would doubt that the problem will have anything to do with the battery being changed. I don't know who advised you that the battery could be an issue but it's not something I would associate with a problem of this nature.

As you have already been told, we have quite a backlog of work right now due to being closed for much of the last year so our diary is currently very busy. Our first available appointment is currently Tuesday the 1st of June and, at the moment, most of early June is still available so should you wish to book an appointment please give us a call in the office on 01858575928.
Alternatively, as you stated, we are offering a service where by you can drop the unit in with us and then return at a later date to collect. Right now the turnaround time for this option is around 2 weeks but we do endeavour to get them turned around as quickly as we can.

We appreciate that these waiting times are rather large at the moment and we understand the frustration of not being able to get a booking when people have made plans to go away however at the moment we just haven't got the staff to get through things any quicker right now.

Unfortunately this is not a problem that has an "easy fix". We do offer processes to go through when on the phone to customers but electronic or mechanical failures do require further investigation unfortunately.

Myself and my colleague Pat are doing extra hours to try and get through the backlog in the workshop so my advice would be to drop the unit off and then hopefully, unless we run into any unexpected issues, we can get it sorted for you a little quicker than 2 weeks. I just can't make any promises though.
Many thanks Anthony. I will be with you in the morning early.

It states on your website that you open at 8.30am? Is this a guideline, will anyone be there before this time?

Rergards

Peter

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
I have a Cytrac on the roof of our van and watching this I just wonder how reliable these Oyster systems are, for a company to have full books regarding Oyster repairs I’m not so sure that the marque is any better than the other systems out there.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I have a Cytrac on the roof of our van and watching this I just wonder how reliable these Oyster systems are, for a company to have full books regarding Oyster repairs I’m not so sure that the marque is any better than the other systems out there.
No one has said they are better or worse than any other make however from my experience with Oyster it is a very good system and the back up when you do have a problem is second to non especially if you go straight to Oyster Tech😊 that’s a good reason to purchase an Oyster system 👍😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Dipsie,

While we understand customers frustrations when it comes to our current backlog of bookings can I draw your attention to one important fact.
We are currently in the midst of a pandemic which, due to the lockdown that was put in place, forced a lot of company's to close their doors for almost 5 months including ourselves. Like a LOT of other companies out there this meant that when we returned to full service we had a lot of bookings to reschedule as well as dealing with new enquiries. Just as we were starting to get through the backlog lockdown 2 was thrust upon us forcing us once again to cancel all appointments and close our doors for another 4 months.
We are working hard to bring the wait time down and to assist our customers as much as we can however we have 25 years worth of systems still in service due to the quality of the Oyster product so as you can imagine there are quite a few out there.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back