Overnight parking near beach in Wittering area (1 Viewer)

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
We're thinking of heading down to the coast on Saturday night but need to stop somewhere overnight, don't mind a small charge but don't want a campsite.

Ideally we'd like to be not too far from a beach so we can get down to the sea first thing in the morning as soon as its light, let the dogs have a good run and Poppy have a swim and then come home; pre Hymie we did it as a quick day trip but its hard to get down early enough without leaving home at silly o'clock.

Is there anywhere suitable in the area where we could overnight in our small PVC (5.4)?

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Did you find somewhere? If I had seen this earlier I would have said Bracklesham Bay car park.

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
is overnight parking allowed at the Wittering end of Worthing seafront? When I was working, I used to drive along at about 7am and often saw Motorhomes parked. Worthing are super sharp to give you a parking ticket/fine so definitely Worth checking. payment Is/was (2016) starts 0800. Just looked at their website and the information is unclear
Motorhomes and caravans left on the road
Adur & Worthing Councils are not currently able to prevent caravans or motorhomes being left on the roadside.
However, if you suspect that the vehicle is being lived in you should report it to the Gypsy and Travellers Liaison Officer at West Sussex County Council.

so this is a somewhat pointless post - sorry - ut have a grand time anyway ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
is overnight parking allowed at the Wittering end of Worthing seafront? When I was working, I used to drive along at about 7am and often saw Motorhomes parked. Worthing are super sharp to give you a parking ticket/fine so definitely Worth checking. payment Is/was (2016) starts 0800. Just looked at their website and the information is unclear
Motorhomes and caravans left on the road
Adur & Worthing Councils are not currently able to prevent caravans or motorhomes being left on the roadside.
However, if you suspect that the vehicle is being lived in you should report it to the Gypsy and Travellers Liaison Officer at West Sussex County Council.

so this is a somewhat pointless post - sorry - ut have a grand time anyway ??
You can park on the north side of the road (West Parade) it's cars only on the seafront side now. But if you mean by goring green (Marine Drive) they have banned overnighting there.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A bit late now, we have stayed in North Shore Itchenor car park, I think it was £5 for 24 hours.
There is a no camping sign but it's a tiny village no one will bother you.
1578824707991.png

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
You can park on the north side of the road (West Parade) it's cars only on the seafront side now. But if you mean by goring green (Marine Drive) they have banned overnighting there.
I sort of guessed my information might be out of date, but for me, the W&A website was not clearly worded - which i find irritating. I would definitely err on the side of caution. ??

OP
OP
Mark and Mindy

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Did you find somewhere? If I had seen this earlier I would have said Bracklesham Bay car park.
We didn't go in the end, but had a thought about that which was confirmed as probably being ok by somebody else, so thanks for that.
A bit late now, we have stayed in North Shore Itchenor car park, I think it was £5 for 24 hours.
View attachment 356630
We've not been there before, so one to have a look at as well. Thanks :smiley:

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016

There is a speed limit sign on the way into the village, but it's a tiny village no-one will bother you... :giggle:

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
Yes I know.When I moved from West Wittering nearly 3 years ago in order to downsize the previous owners of my house ran it as a small B & B.This is why I have parking for 6 vehicles.F600A5E4-0F04-41AE-A332-AD2CB319A4FD.png

steve teresa

Free Member
May 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Hi there I’ve seen you said you might have some where to park a camper van over night !!!! We are coming tomorrow to west wittering for the day and want to stay over for the night in our little camper van (Vw t5) first time ever .. and worried about parking it somewhere... wifes nervous we will get someone breaking ... it us and our son and little dog ... if you can let me know if you have parking spot and how much ! Thanks Steve

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
We come down to the Witterings for a day trip a few times every year and I’d be happy to pay an overnight charge for parking near the beach on a Friday or a Saturday night. If any parking available please contact me (y)

Oct 14, 2011
Chichester,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Wildax Hi Top
Exp
Since 2002
There are now quite a few people in West Wittering and East Wittering area that rent out parking spaces on their drives via the JustPark app. If you go on the West Wittering Beach website you will find that you have to pre book a space to park there or you will not be allowed in.Parking at the beach is brilliant with loads of Campers parked up on the grass with awnings out and BBQs allowed but not disposable ones.You can stay there from 0700 until 2030.Toilets and cafe are open. The link to JustPark on WW beach site shows all the parking available in the area. Hope that helps.

Nov 8, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2017
Yes, we went down a few times last year and the pre-booking at the beach for the day significantly reduced the usual queuing time to get in (although if you hadn’t pre-booked a week or so in advance you couldn’t get a space. We often arrange meet-ups there with other families, great day out.

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
I punched in a night in a couple of weeks into JustPark in West wittering
Quite a few at that rate
I did just ask for one night- maybe it’s a week?

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I wanted a sea front pitch at Sandbanks without paying for a campsite - quite a difficult ask without an amphibious motorhome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back