Overnight Parking in Dover

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Pixie, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Pixie

Pixie

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me whether you can park a motorhome overnight on Marine Drive Dover. I am catching the 5 am ferry and would like somewhere close to the ferry port to park for a few hours.

2. Brisey

Brisey Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +18,082
    Hi Pixie

You will find quite a few motorhomes parked on Marine Parade overnight, you will not be alone. There are time restrictions if you arrive too early you might have to get a ticket, I think parking is free between 6pm and 8am but make sure.

And a big welcome to MHFun, perhaps you will tell us about your trip when you return.

3. AlanVal

AlanVal

Ratings:
    +46
    We parked on the marine partade no problem but we arrived at 5.40 and a crabbit Warden homed in on us and we had to buy a ticket by then it was only 10 mins to go .However anything to keep the peace lol No other problems though and nice and handy for the ferry .

Val

4. Mark breen

Mark breen

Ratings:
    +0
    Just go to the port and get on the next sailing they may charge you £5.00 but you can sleep in the que if they are not sailing.
    They are very flexible once you have payed and even keener to get a little more.
    Have a great time!
    Regards "THE BREENS"
    :thumb:

5. jenmaha

jenmaha Deleted User

Ratings:
    +0
    parking in dover

6. Brenintot

Brenintot

Ratings:
    +0
    Parking at Marine Parade Overnight for Ferry

We parked at Marine Parade late July last year, arrived at 7pm & left next morning for ferry at 8am, The local police patrolled throughout the night. I checked with them 1st if it was OK to park. There were about 5 other vans parked up by 11pm for the night. Its not the quietest spot as it is roadside parking, but it was free & served its purpose.

This year we have booked the 22.20h Eurotunnel & will try the camping aires at Calais next the Municipal campsite at the harbour entrance.

Regards
    Brenintot
    Chris Tottle - Photography: Welcome

7. Bulletguy

Bulletguy

Ratings:
    +6
    Blimey!!

Hope you didn't mean 5am today?!! If so, then i don't think you will have much time left for a kip!

As others have pointed out....Marine Drive right on the sea front couple of minutes drive from the port. Can't miss it. Always a few mh's parked up