Overnight at Cite Europe Calais (1 Viewer)

Mar 18, 2019
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2003
Can some one please tell me what the latest is for staying overnight at Cite Europe in my camper as shortly off on our first trip to France in two years?
Yours Aye
Roger

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Can some one please tell me what the latest is for staying overnight at Cite Europe in my camper as shortly off on our first trip to France in two years?
Yours Aye
Roger

Personally, I wouldn't even stop at a red light at Cite Europe, let alone overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I always used to use city Europe sad it’s no longer in use we now don’t stop within 50 miles of Calais
We have stopped at cite Europe a few times if we were on a very early train but don't see the point when in twenty mins you can be in gravelines.
Must add though in our few times we never saw any trouble.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Agree, don't even stop in Calais. We had them jumping on the scooter at Auchan petrol station, then across the road at the supermarket and earlier that day the police turfed one off the scooter at cite Europe. This was 2020, not stopped moving in Calais since.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
We have stopped at the Auchan at St Martin Boulogne which is just off the autoroute along the main road to St Omer, then take the fork to the Centre Commercial. Normal bourne facilities are available at the service station by buying jetons (tokens) from the cashiers cabin.

John

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
I just take a mid day crossing and travel away from calais depending where I am going its Beurges or some where on the way down the western route to the south

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
We used to always use cité Europe but not now. Our first trip in 2 1/2 years last week and straight through to Gravelines 2. Only 20 -25 mins, free and good walking along the river or around the water parc if you have dogs. 👍🏻

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have stopped at the Auchan at St Martin Boulogne which is just off the autoroute along the main road to St Omer, then take the fork to the Centre Commercial. Normal bourne facilities are available at the service station by buying jetons (tokens) from the cashiers cabin.

John
St Martin Boulogne & St Omer are in different directions. St Omer,is south of Calais & St Martin Boulogne is west of Calais.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
About a hours drive Montreuil aire is safe and quiet.
Same here, we used it when travelling over to France in March and although all the official spots were taken we just parked in the large parking area near to the borne, no problems at all and its a nice to have a potter with the pooches round the walls etc.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
St Martin Boulogne & St Omer are in different directions. St Omer,is south of Calais & St Martin Boulogne is west of Calais.
You are, of course, correct except, strictly speaking St Omer is south-east of Calais and St Martin-Boulogne is more south south east. However, so am I as in my post I referred to the road towards St Omer. That road is the N42 which, after St Omer, in the guise of being called the D642, continues in an easterly direction. That is all just splitting hairs, however. :giggle:

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
The “new” Aire at Calais is secure. So secure that it takes ages to get in.

Double barriers, high fences etc. plus the fact they you have to be able to kneel down just to read the screen on the check in, and have the patience to stay there while it processes your card. I don’t know what direction you are facing while you kneel.😎

However, we have now stayed there on our last four visits to France and will be there again in about two weeks. The promenade is only five minutes walk away and, on a nice evening, is great.

Mrs Maison is very hot on security, she doesn’t consider Broadmoor secure, but even she feels safe there. 10 minutes from Tunnel terminal.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Yours Aye
Roger
Can still park there but no overnighting. Have to leave by 10pm.

About a hours drive Montreuil aire is safe and quiet.
It was packed when we stayed there last Monday night. It is OK if you can get on one of the marked dedicated bays, like we did on our way out 6 weeks before. But there was no chance last Monday despite arriving at 1pm. So we stayed on the dusty hardstanding bit and put up with noise of the usual French late comers. And to top it all the school bus that takes up a lot of the space started their engine at 6am and let it tick over for a while. We were only 10ft away from the engine so no sleep then.

Another one I doubt we will return to, which is a shame because it is a nice little town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back