Our old boy is failing

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Wildbill, Jan 6, 2019.

1. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Ratings:
    +5,371
    Good to hear he has perked up a bit Bill sending hugs to you all.

• Like it Like it x 1
  2. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +26,974
    Phone call frome the vet blood results are back he has had a bit of a turn he wants us to bring him Dow and tomorow to check him over and set up a treetment plan
    Bill

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. Cat53

Cat53 Funster

Ratings:
    +13,422
    Aww! Bless him. It’s not easy when our pets begin to fail. He looks warm and comfortable, Bill.

4. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +26,974
    IMG_20190111_214508.jpg
    I think his bean taking the wee a bit walked the legs off me tonight and wanted more three days he would hardly move off his bead
    Bill

• Nice One! Nice One! x 5
    • Love it Love it x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1
  5. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Ratings:
    +111,820
    Great to see him up and about Bill.

6. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +30,194
    Pleased he's a bit better Bill, he needed to recuperate after his experience, hence the sleeping, best way for the body to 'heal' and recover.

Our Kizzie had heart issues and was really, really bad, she refused to eat or do anything, our vet was useless and didn't have a clue what was wrong with her so I went to another one who immediately knew what the problem was and put her on meds immediately. She wasn't in pain but just lethargic and didn't care about anything, wouldn't eat etc so in the end I blended up some cooked veg in gravy, put it in an old squeezy sauce bottle, and then squirted it into her mouth, that's the only way I could get any food into her. What really, really helped was taking her in a buggy to the park (too heavy to carry) for a bit of fresh air this got her 'nose' going. As they had an aviary (she loved watching the birds) we took her over there and she actually got out of her buggy and walked the last 10 feet ... after that she went from strength to strength and we had her for over a year with a good quality of life, only in her last 2 days did it get to the point that she wasn't happy, not in pain, but just had 'had enough' and started to have difficulty breathing.

• Like it Like it x 1
  7. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +26,974
    The wife Ben feeding him chicken livers eggs spoiling him rotten he won't now look at his normal food.
    Put down his normal stuff just looked up I know what he's thinking.
    I will just waight till mommy's up she will give me sum of that good stuff.
    Bill

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  8. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +30,194
    ... not sure that it will do him any good to keep feeding him stuff like that ... check what he should be having with his heart condition.

9. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +26,974
    Mostly protein he's back on his normal food and he can like it or lump only thing is bit harder to hide his meds in his dry food so a tablet in a bit of chicken
    Bill

10. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Ratings:
    +27,564
    Our Benji was diagnosed with anal gland cancer in November which has spread to other organs so inoperable with perhaps a year to go at best. He is on palladia chemo tablets and initially was very poorly but just like his normal nutty self now.
    Anyway following Christmas dinner we gave him and his sister all the turkey trimmings and for a while after that they would not touch their normal food.
    I think it best to keep them on regular dog food and forget treats .
    Best wishes with yours , must enjoy every minute.

11. dicksob

dicksob Funster

Ratings:
    +300
    Bill, hope he gets better soon. We lost our welsh terrier Archie just before Xmas , he just made his 13th birthday.
    Just back from weekend in Moffat, the van seems very quiet and empty, going to take a lot of adjustment for Helen and I!

Bill

12. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

Ratings:
    +26,974
    So sorry for your loss he has bounced back and his medication seem's to be working almost back to normal
    bill

• Nice One! Nice One! x 2
    • Like it Like it x 1