Opening both gas valves (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
I have two gas tanks with manual valves that just feed a t-junction and both are low on gas and I can’t get gas for a 2 days.
To minimise the chance of one running out during the night and me failing to spot my fridge is not working is there any problem with opening both tank valves.
While we are on the subject, if it is OK to open both valves, why are there automatic switchover valves unless they somehow indicate to the user that the switchover has happened and time for a refill.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
You can run with both open----- the reason you should leave one closed is so that you know when you have half your gas remaining----------- auto switch over valves usually have an indicator to show which bottle is providing gas-------- I have never opened both bottles with auto switching as I know I will never look at that indicator!!!--- so I will know when bottle is empty------ are they a waste of money!!?????---- late at night in the pouring rain (when bottles normally run out) you can just nip out and open the full bottle----- then change/ fill it at you convenience----- when it has stopped raining!!!!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We have two bottles with an auto change over system. We leave both valves open, when the first tank is empty, a red indicator appears on the valve.
I visually check the tanks every few days and can tell pretty well when the valve changed tanks so know when I need to fill up.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back