OOPS! I won't do that again (1 Viewer)

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
We had to take TuI, our Jack Russell cross, to the vets for her chemotherapy yesterday. We take the MO HO as we have a bit of waiting around. I went out early to put the heating on and, OOPS! I hadn't turned it off last week. We hadn't used the van since we went to the vet last week, so heating has been on for a week while parked. The leisure battery was fine but I don't know how much diesel it has used. I'm not telling Mrs. Gasman, don't want an ear bashing!

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Don't worry there will be something new for the list along shortly
Only problem is remembering what's all on the list

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Been there and done that Mr Gasman, I was so annoyed with myself but easily done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Bet its nice and warm though :hot: and as a result, you might just get sussed. :coolest:

OP
OP
Odd job
Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Heating is on for 45 min before we leave so I got away with it::bigsmile:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
First thing I do on returning home is plug in the EHU ( mainly for the fridge until we've emptied it). I've lost count of the number of times I've found the heating on a week or more later :).

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
I usually turn off the 12v master switch when I park in our yard. Then there is no blower so the heater turns off - blown-air not Alde.

If that's an Eberspacher or Webasto blown air unit turning off the supply is not a good idea as when switched off on the control modulator these heaters run a shut-down sequence. Roughly like this the fuel pump is stopped, the glow pin is energised and the fans keep running to ensure complete combustion of any fuel remaining in the combustion chamber until the unit has cooled down.

Rod

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
If that's an Eberspacher or Webasto blown air unit turning off the supply is not a good idea as when switched off on the control modulator these heaters run a shut-down sequence. Roughly like this the fuel pump is stopped, the glow pin is energised and the fans keep running to ensure complete combustion of any fuel remaining in the combustion chamber until the unit has cooled down.

Rod

That sounds like a safety sequence. Is that a problem?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back