Ooops (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have been suffering with with treble man flue symptoms since last week so havnt left the house since friday eve as I have been right rough. So tonight the good lady walks in with the cars rear number plate in her hand its become unstuck I knew I had some glue in the van so wrapped up and fetched glue. As leaving van I noticed kitchen tap had an icicle so I started to investigate and all taps frosted up I have had heating on for about 90 mins and taps have thawed out and water ran for a while but has now stopped. Fingers crossed no serious damage done but cant believe its got that cold in the van I think its more wind chill than actual temp as the wind blows a bit down side of house. I leave the small skylights slightle open for ventilation perhaps thats not such a good idea.

oh btw its Alde compact 3000 I think ive read its ok to be put on with no water running and tank is in garage so shouldnt have frozen.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Fingers crossed for you.

But you may be OK because wind doesnt actually affect ambient temperature, only our perception of it.

If the air temperature is (say) 2 degrees, it'll still be 2 degrees whether it's windy or still. Wind can speed up the rate at which an object cools to the air temperature around it, but it won't get colder than that air.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
still no water running through reckon somethings frozen maybe the tank I will look tommorow heatings left on for the night

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Wrapped up warm and went out to investigate the problem I was hoping that the heating would thaw any blockage out but it wasnt to be. I went into garage that was toasty warm as its heated well but not well enuff the frost had got too the dump valve and pipework either side of it. this is just on the single layer floor and a little cold spot I was pretty suprise to be honest. Anyway all is sorted now lesson learnt no damage as far as i can see while putting stuff back into garage my neighbour reckoned it has hit nearly - 7 this week my wife did see - 5 in car on our drive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back