Only in Spain ............ maybe! (1 Viewer)

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Went direct to our local Post Office, today, with the first tranche of this years Christmas cards for the UK rather than use the post box in the street....... better service or so I thought. The clerk dealt with our cards by immediately franking them (no stamps), I asked for 10 more stamps to take with me for the next lot. "Sorry, we don't have stamps, you must buy them at the "estanco" (tobacconist).
Post office which does not sell stamps ....... just love the Spanish ways!!!!:xrofl:

Regards, Bryan

Deleted User
We found this a few years ago and just thought it was the one Post Office....no!!!! Strange ways indeed :):xsmile:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
My brother-in-law went to our local high street Post Office yesterday to buy 50x2nd class stamps for his business use.
He was told that they didn't have any left and as they had sold their quota they wouldn't have any more until the New Year. :xdoh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Stamps? 2nd class are like gold dust here. Rationed to two books per customer in the local shop WHEN they are back in stock!

As to Post Offices, they are even rarer! Most main Post Offices have been closed and made more touchy-freely by plonking them in WH Smith. I'm not talking about a rural area either!

I like that Spanish idea of franking. It saves playing 'fly away Peter - fly away Paul' when those bloody self-adhesive stamps stick to your fingers!

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
My brother-in-law went to our local high street Post Office yesterday to buy 50x2nd class stamps for his business use.
He was told that they didn't have any left and as they had sold their quota they wouldn't have any more until the New Year. :xdoh:

I should have mentioned that the Post Office is now in the Co-op where my son is a manager, although it is still a separate entity.
When I told him he said you should have gone to the tills as we have loads and can get them no problem.
The mind boggles. :xblink:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back