One day in last weeks holiday (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Many hotel residents think that Cyprus is a hotel a beach and a few shops and cafes, not so. Cyprus is still one of the best places to get away from civilisation and get lost in the hills. Get yourself a 4x4 leave the maps behind and take the first track you come to.:Smile:
We set of from our hotel in Paphos after breakfast last week, picked up our All Inclusive packed lunch then without maps or sat nav headed for Troodos. We made a wrong turn just outside the town which took us up into the Cedar valley, we managed to drive on recently tarmac and un-tarmac very narrow roads for an hour without seeing a single vehicle absolutely brilliant.
We continued up through the forest and came across [FONT=&quot]Kikos Monastery[/FONT]. From there we kept the sun on our right crossed the hilltops and managed to get to the top of Mt Olympus where the snow was just starting to fall. We then found a main road that eventually took us into Aye Napa on the other side of the island we had a swim off Nissi beach :Cool:where the temperature was still in the thirties. All that in just one day of our holiday. We arrived back at our hotel around 6pm had a dip in the pool, dinner then got more than a bit tipsy on All Inclusive wine. Perfec....:thumb:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Aye, Cyprus is quite an amazing place. We did something similar about 20 years ago.

One thing I bought there which was the best in the world - monastery honey. Buy some - you won't regret it, and bring me back a pot too............:winky::winky:
If you're already back..........................................

Aug 23, 2009
Burnham on Sea-late of Mortagne sur Gironde
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Stargazer
Exp
Since 1995
We took our MH over in 2000, when there was still a ferry between Athens and Limassol, and had a brilliant time. If I remember rightly there were about four or five campsites and as much wild camping as you wanted on the coast and in the mountains.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
When I no longer have a pet will take advantage of holidays like this.::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Oh, I love reading posts like this. I know I may never make it but it does give me something to hope for... Sounds wonderful...:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back