Omnistor awning parts (1 Viewer)

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Anyone know where I can obtain a set of end caps for an Omnistor 5000 or 5002 awning? Searched eBay but nothing on there.

Apr 24, 2018
France
Funster No
MH
2001 Hymer B544
Exp
Since 1992
Omnistor donā€™t support when the product is beyond a certain age. I looked for ages for end caps for my 5000. The only spare I found was the gear assembly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
garry55
Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Omnistor donā€™t support when the product is beyond a certain age. I looked for ages for end caps for my 5000. The only spare I found was the gear assembly.
That's the answer I got from the dealers that I contacted - discontinued ā˜¹ļø

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
Anyone know where I can obtain a set of end caps for an Omnistor 5000 or 5002 awning? Searched eBay but nothing on there.
i was looking for a mention of Hill View Awnings and came across this thread.
my omnistor awning was seriously in need of attention and like others I was having trouble getting parts so phoned Hill View in Dorset as we were going down that way. booked me in and when we got there spent over an hour working on it, even though it is now 15 years old and as he put it " on its last legs" he adjusted/shimmed/replaced parts with salvage parts (its now obsolete) even spent 10 minutes with a hot air gun bending one of the plastic bits back into shape. told me all what he had done and to treat it gently, "might be good for another year or two" charged me the princely sum of Ā£65. it opens and closes better than I have ever known it to.
If I have ever had better service I don't remember it! what a gent.
(Jim, if you want to stick this in reviews please do so)

Upvote 0

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
i was looking for a mention of Hill View Awnings and came across this thread.
my omnistor awning was seriously in need of attention and like others I was having trouble getting parts so phoned Hill View in Dorset as we were going down that way. booked me in and when we got there spent over an hour working on it, even though it is now 15 years old and as he put it " on its last legs" he adjusted/shimmed/replaced parts with salvage parts (its now obsolete) even spent 10 minutes with a hot air gun bending one of the plastic bits back into shape. told me all what he had done and to treat it gently, "might be good for another year or two" charged me the princely sum of Ā£65. it opens and closes better than I have ever known it to.
If I have ever had better service I don't remember it! what a gent.
(Jim, if you want to stick this in reviews please do so)
That's great šŸ‘

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back