Omnistep Thule step replacement rivet (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Some of you may recall that I broke the rivet securing the step to the fold down side arm and reading through previous posts of similar misfortunes, some used a nut and bolt and others bought the Thule replacement rivet kit.

I looked at both options and in the end, opted to buy the Thule repair kit.
Depending on your step model, there are different repair kits so ensure you buy the correct kit.
As most previous threads were discussion based, I thought I'd add some photos in the event that members who have similar issues in the future, this thread may be of some help.
The below is what I found.

IMG_6537.jpg

Below is the rivet which had sheared off leaving part of it stuck in the support arm. This needed drilling out.

IMG_6586.jpg

IMG_6540.jpg

IMG_6577.jpg
IMG_6578.jpg
IMG_6579.jpg
IMG_6580.jpg
IMG_6581.jpg
IMG_6582.jpg
IMG_6583.jpg
IMG_6587.jpg
IMG_6588.jpg
IMG_6589.jpg

Now I would have thought that the nylon washer would have gone between the support arm and the step arm, to provide more of a spacer between the two arms, but according to these instructions, it doesn't. So the only washer/spacer is the plastic/nylon bearing collar.

Anyway, to compare it with the original, this is the other side of the step:

IMG_6590.jpg
IMG_6591.jpg

So you'll see that the original is a rivet.
The repair kit is just that - as it's a nut & bolt with a nylon bearing collar.

Looking at some of the diagrams online for the replacement rivet kits, it's not clear whether you get a rivet or a nut & bolt within your kit.
At least you can now see what you get and whether it's worth ÂŁ22 of your money.
I'm going to save the other bits incase those fail in the future.
For info, the bolt sizes can be found on the above instructions incase you wish to repair yourself without a kit.
I suppose it depends on whether you can buy some nylon bearing collars or make something that will do that job.
Anyway, I hope that this will be of use to someone in the future and to those that replied to my post a few weeks ago with what you did to repair yours, Thank you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back