Omnia - Hob Top Oven €44.81 Delivered (2 Viewers)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thought I should post this as had spotted that a few were thinking of buying this oven :xsmile:
Large camping company Obelink have the Omnia for just €31.37 at the moment https://www.obelink.co.uk/omnia.html & although the shipping is €13.44 to the UK it's still the same shipping charge if 10 are ordered or other items added :xThumb: At €44.81 it's a good price but if several Funsters get together & order a few with one lot of shipping then could be even better. At current exchange rates it works out at £40.56 but probably a bit more depending on your card exchange rate but normally at least £10 more.
More info. about the Omnia oven here http://omniasweden.com/en/home/

If anyone who has one or buys one finds a non stick steel tin that fits inside that can bought from the UK then please post on here :hi: as then we might be tempted too! Know @Chockswahay did find one in a French supermarket & it worked even better.

csm_Omnia_3pcs_LR_13_ef49cd8660.jpg

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Haha, good find @Wombles ! Either way that is a good price :xThumb: And yes a Savarin cake tin improves it by a quantum leap! (I'm not sure of the exact size .......maybe 24cm?)

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Just found this ......

Edit: dunno what I'm doing wrong but link won't show! tey a search for this.......

Lacor-68724-SAVARIN MOULD ALUM. NON-STICK 24 CMS

This is what they look like :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh, for anyone in France they can be bought in E.Leclerc for 5.50 Euro :xThumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
that is a good price , I paid £53.91 for mine in September.. email receipt>

Description Unit price Qty Amount

Backofenaufsatz OMNIA x1
Item Number 211621 1 £37.77 GBP
Subtotal £37.77 GBP
Postage and packaging £7.53 GBP
Tax £8.61 GBP
Total £53.91 GBP
Payment £53.91 GBP

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Thank you @Chockswahay for the info. & link (y)

This one looks similar on Amazon Amazon product ASIN B000T5KO0Wbut still looking for a 24cm steel version.

Hmm? Looks very much the same, why are you looking for steel tho? Mine is aluminium.

By the way it is such a GAME CHANGER that I would never use the Omnia without it now!

Mine is used to make fresh Soda bread every morning and all sorts of other stuff at other times. In fact it is SO easy to use I even bake with it whilst staying at Son and DILs house instead of a real oven haha:D2

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hmm? Looks very much the same, why are you looking for steel tho? Mine is aluminium.
Know it's best for conducting heat but we try to avoid aluminium being in contact with our food or cooking liquid where possible as know that it is not thoroughly proven but the possible links with dementia are a concern. Having cared for & lost a grandparent to dementia we don't want to do anything that might increase any risk for us & our family.
Saying that though even if steel some non-stick coatings are now considered to be harmful to health too!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I bought some Omnia style oven/pans while in France as they were clearing them out and I thought some funsters might want one - if so let me know - I've put them on Ebay but obviously there would be a £4.99 discount for funsters as there's be no fees to pay!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Great price on the Omnia set including the rack & silicone liner https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/omnia-campingbackofen-set-97267 €59.99 plus €9.50 delivery within 14 working days:

180100_0_490480.jpg

Tips for buying from overseas are to check out via Paypal or ask them to send you a Paypal invoice & for best value use a zero rated credit card & make sure that you opt for the credit card company daily exchange rate not the Paypal one which it will automatically default to. You should then have Paypal protection if any problems plus a method of buying at a fair exchange rate.
As well as typing or copy & pasting into Google Translate now for most web pages you can just right click then box pops up & can scroll down & click on to "Translate into English" which is very handy (y)
Many of you will already be aware of this but may help someone.

May also have found a non-stick steel pan to fit inside too Amazon product ASIN B001OHVDHC Gobel Savarin 24cm tin £17.07 but haven't got one yet to try it for size so can't be sure.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Great price on the Omnia set including the rack & silicone liner https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/omnia-campingbackofen-set-97267 €59.99 plus €9.50 delivery within 14 working days:

180100_0_490480.jpg

Tips for buying from overseas are to check out via Paypal or ask them to send you a Paypal invoice & for best value use a zero rated credit card & make sure that you opt for the credit card company daily exchange rate not the Paypal one which it will automatically default to. You should then have Paypal protection if any problems plus a method of buying at a fair exchange rate.
As well as typing or copy & pasting into Google Translate now for most web pages you can just right click then box pops up & can scroll down & click on to "Translate into English" which is very handy (y)
Many of you will already be aware of this but may help someone.

May also have found a non-stick steel pan to fit inside too Amazon product ASIN B001OHVDHC Gobel Savarin 24cm tin £17.07 but haven't got one yet to try it for size so can't be sure.
Someone found a savarin for use with their Omnia-type ovens that I was selling recently, I think they only paid £8.99 delivered, might be worth having a look at that before splashing out £17.07 for one.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Someone found a savarin for use with their Omnia-type ovens that I was selling recently, I think they only paid £8.99 delivered, might be worth having a look at that before splashing out £17.07 for one.
Think that was the aluminium version like this Amazon product ASIN B000T5KO0W rather than a steel one but agree that cheaper ones are available so down to personal choice.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
You can get lots of different ones on Ebay, smooth sided and patterned ones, aluminium, steel, silicone etc ... what I am wondering is that if you use one of the 'patterned' ones which has small wells in it (formed by the pattern) if you cook something that might drip fat etc it would gather in the wells and keep it away from the food, without the use of a rack ... for the cost of them it could be worth a go ... you could have a couple, so that you can cook the savoury meal in one, take it out and put in one with desert in which could cook whilst you eat the main meal.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The Gobel non-stick pan mentioned above fits fine (y) but not got around to testing out the whole thing yet.
There's a new Omnia accessory:

It's described as an insulated cover that keeps flies off your food or fruit!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Reading reviews online it looks like the silicone muffin liner works best when use with the grid (included in the kit above)
1575805419946.png

Also read that flavours can transfer via the silicone liners so to avoid that can also use paper muffin cases or for the ring liner have one for sweet & another for savoury so twin pack now available https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/omnia-silikonbackform-duo-pack-fuer-campingbackofen-120310

1575805556476.png

Alternatively just use an extra tin as above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
********************************************************************************************************

10% Code today only 599262VT off one item so another €6 off Omnia set https://www.fritz-berger.de/artikel/omnia-backofen-set-97267 BUT need to add more than one item to order for it to work. It's the best deal we've seen so far & works out better than what we paid for ours!

********************************************************************************************************

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I bought a similar item in Portugal about 30 years ago, we used it in the van regularly,don't know where it ended up.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
New product - a top rack that increases the amount of food that can be cooked at one time in the Omnia - like this one but they don't ship to the UK:

1616242015364.png

The Omnia brand lower grid is widely available & found this one Amazon product ASIN B08MV43ZQ8 at £17.17 delivered as a top rack option. Suggested suitable foods might be chips, chicken wings, french bread pizza, croquettes etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thinking about adding a Weber temperature gauge but still researching best way to fit this - has anyone done this?

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Thinking about adding a Weber temperature gauge but still researching best way to fit this - has anyone done this?

Yes, I did, though it may have been a different brand.

And I decided it wasn't worth the bother. And while it's still on the lid, I don't really use it as I don't find that it assists that much due to the Omnia having it's own unique quirks in use.

I followed a vid I found on youtube and made one of the holes in the side of the lid slightly wider to take the stem of the gauge.

The other option would have been to replace the handle with the gauge.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have one of these ovens for sale if anyone is interested? £30 plus postage or best offer. Almost new, used twice I think.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
New product - a top rack that increases the amount of food that can be cooked at one time in the Omnia - like this one but they don't ship to the UK:

View attachment 475164

The Omnia brand lower grid is widely available & found this one Amazon product ASIN B08MV43ZQ8 at £17.17 delivered as a top rack option. Suggested suitable foods might be chips, chicken wings, french bread pizza, croquettes etc.
The Nobellgo is out of stock now so decided with so many days camping without EHU this year to go for this one Amazon product ASIN B08GQSQM5F at £18.99 delivered - short timescale quoted too - delivery on Monday.

1618085425756.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion