Free Member
Oct 7, 2015
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
im a newbie
Im taking 4 tyres off mine tomorrow - date of manufacture 2006 - they have done under 5000miles ! no cracking or damage at all look perfect and checked over by tyre garage when I bought MH recently - they confirmed all good.

I'll be keeping one as a spare .....hhhmmnn wonder if any use to anyone?

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Im taking 4 tyres off mine tomorrow - date of manufacture 2006 - they have done under 5000miles ! no cracking or damage at all look perfect and checked over by tyre garage when I bought MH recently - they confirmed all good.

I would try putting it on GUMTREE and as long as they are cheap enough then there will be someone to buy them.
MY Transit ones would probably sell faster than other sizes as more impoverished builders etc would be interested for their tippers.

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
On the subject of tyres is it alright to fit van tyres rather than Camper tyres as I cannot get hold of Continental Camper tyres from anywhere the size required is 225 70 R15 112.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
On the subject of tyres is it alright to fit van tyres rather than Camper tyres as I cannot get hold of Continental Camper tyres from anywhere the size required is 225 70 R15 112.

It should be 100% OK just as long as the load rating i.e. 112 matches, in fact you can always go up in load rating but never down.

Or indeed, change the brand of your tyre manufacturer. If it is for fitting to the steering axle (front) then your tread and pattern should match, the matching of tread pattern doesn't matter quite as much on the rear axle.

I have just done a quick search and there are quite a few different makes of tyre that are camper van specific tyres at that tread size and load rating.

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Really no knowledge of tyres and happened to get on to this thread, and realised that there is a lot of tech info to had. Will look for Michelin Agilis . Thank you @mariner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
What's wrong with Michelin Agilis Camping?

They are expensive and that's what's wrong with them.

I am running my self built Renault Master on Kumho Radial 857 and they are absolutely brilliant and what is more they cost something like £30 per tyre less than the Mich.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back