LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Fingers crossed you are both well and looking forward to confirmation of that. Loved your thread.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Thank you, everyone.

I nearly forgot, the ‘paperwork’. Yeah, it’s a bugger of a form, and obviously designed for people coming to visit, but no one even asked for it! We were not required to wear masks at passport control (we did, but no one else was asked to) or anywhere else and no one asked any questions about where we’d been, if we had any symptoms or took our temperatures. Someone with a temp gun at customs would cost a lot less than an unenforceable quarantine or useless form and be a lot more effective, I reckon.

Also, there are no tests available nationally. The advice (at 10am this morning) was to ‘try again tomorrow’.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you, everyone.

I nearly forgot, the ‘paperwork’. Yeah, it’s a bugger of a form, and obviously designed for people coming to visit, but no one even asked for it! We were not required to wear masks at passport control (we did, but no one else was asked to) or anywhere else and no one asked any questions about where we’d been, if we had any symptoms or took our temperatures. Someone with a temp gun at customs would cost a lot less than an unenforceable quarantine or useless form and be a lot more effective, I reckon.

Also, there are no tests available nationally. The advice (at 10am this morning) was to ‘try again tomorrow’.
If you can get to Poole there are loads of spaces at the testing station.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Out of the frying pan into the fire! Hope everything stays okay with you both ( same up here with certain restrictions and lockdown!)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I’m glad you made it home safely and I truly hope your girl child makes a speedy recovery. All the best.
Ditto from me , I have enjoyed your travel tale and hope you simply have a sniffle and both feel tip top soon.

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
So, the results are, and we do not have Covid. We have completely failed to be dangerously ill, incapacitated in any way or even off our usual game. underachieving as usual!

I’m absolutely changing my name to Murphy. I tell you, only I could go on holiday in a pandemic and contract something that looks like the pandemic disease, high-tail it back at some cost and a week‘s worth of holiday, miss out on seeing my dad for last time this year and then not have the damn virus. I have long known that it is the universe’s plan to make things as difficult as they can possible for me, but honestly, this is getting silly!

I’m glad we missed the quarantine, and our bank holiday plans can still go ahead. And we got ill after I hit up the Vineyards. Could have been worse!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back