Off we go! (1 Viewer)

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Not sure this is the right place, but thought I might add a few scribbles on our 2020 trip to Italy.

I’ve done my usual six impossible things, and finally made it off the driveway and down to the Canterbury Aire. Crossing on the Chunnel tomorrow, although I’ve one or two more problems to solve first.

We are planning to make it to Padua by the weekend, and then have a site booked in Pisa from next Thursday. After that, we might hang around on the med coast for a bit, or zip up the west cost of France and visit my dad in Calvados.

9BF75446-966A-45DB-B033-C4BB4C3DA2A4.jpeg

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Have a fab time (y)

We're planning a trip to Italy next May (postponed from this year) so I'd be interested to hear which route you're taking.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Safe trip ladies
Sounds great
Enjoy the journeys and adventures.
Some probs could be solved by the knowledgeable ones on here if help needed.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Best wishes. Switzerland has some stunning scenery if you want to drive through it. But to save your purse you might not want to stop there overnight. 😁

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Not sure this is the right place, but thought I might add a few scribbles on our 2020 trip to Italy.

I’ve done my usual six impossible things, and finally made it off the driveway and down to the Canterbury Aire. Crossing on the Chunnel tomorrow, although I’ve one or two more problems to solve first.

We are planning to make it to Padua by the weekend, and then have a site booked in Pisa from next Thursday. After that, we might hang around on the med coast for a bit, or zip up the west cost of France and visit my dad in Calvados.

View attachment 409034

Wow. Respect.

Have a wonderful adventure and keep us informed. X

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Thank you all!

Going well so far. Stayed at the Canterbury aire last night, total cost £1, and caught up on my list. New garage arrangements are holding up well and I’ve found a better way of stowing the car seat for stops that means we can use the lounge and both beds. Now chilling out while the tunnel whisks us off to France. All pretty much as per usual up to now.

I think we might go through Switzerland. I doubt we’ll stop there, because we’ll probably stop at Mulhouse. Or not. We have decided to just find somewhere to stop when I’m fed up driving, rather than plan stops before we set off. My daughter is in favour of the Swiss route, because they do Lindor Truffle pic and mix at the service stations!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thank you all!

Going well so far. Stayed at the Canterbury aire last night, total cost £1, and caught up on my list. New garage arrangements are holding up well and I’ve found a better way of stowing the car seat for stops that means we can use the lounge and both beds. Now chilling out while the tunnel whisks us off to France. All pretty much as per usual up to now.

I think we might go through Switzerland. I doubt we’ll stop there, because we’ll probably stop at Mulhouse. Or not. We have decided to just find somewhere to stop when I’m fed up driving, rather than plan stops before we set off. My daughter is in favour of the Swiss route, because they do Lindor Truffle pic and mix at the service stations!
Have a great time ... when you have the time you can tell us how you've sorted out the 'seat'!

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Beautiful free aire at Corbeny on a fishing lake, and a few minutes walk into the town for a pharmacy, boulangerie and restaurants etc.

EDF2E1FD-6F30-4570-A28F-1FE41C189367.jpeg

Have a great time ... when you have the time you can tell us how you've sorted out the 'seat'!

I solved the car seat problem by turning it upside down and ramming it into the footwell, then dropping the van seats as normal. It’s still a lot more faff than I’d like (I have to move the passenger seat back, and the forward again for travel asor she can’t reach the snacks/devices etc) but at least I can use the lounge.

26B412DC-1060-433A-BF82-CD6BC35D8939.jpeg

we were going to do a long drive tomorrow and strike out for Italy, but the nice French chap next door has promised to teach her to fish in the morning, so I think we’ll have to stop this side of the Swiss border.

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
My daughter is in favour of the Swiss route, because they do Lindor Truffle pic and mix at the service stations!
She has good taste ::bigsmile:

Beautiful free aire at Corbeny on a fishing lake, and a few minutes walk into the town for a pharmacy, boulangerie and restaurants etc.
That looks lovely - have bookmarked it for future reference thanks (y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

View attachment 409281

I solved the car seat problem by turning it upside down and ramming it into the footwell, then dropping the van seats as normal. It’s still a lot more faff than I’d like (I have to move the passenger seat back, and the forward again for travel asor she can’t reach the snacks/devices etc) but at least I can use the lounge.

View attachment 409282

we were going to do a long drive tomorrow and strike out for Italy, but the nice French chap next door has promised to teach her to fish in the morning, so I think we’ll have to stop this side of the Swiss border.
Love your system of stacking stuff, very much like ours (y) :love:

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Watch fuel prices around Pisa some stations are very expensive and be careful if you go to the market some great restaurants there at fair pricings

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Watch fuel prices around Pisa some stations are very expensive and be careful if you go to the market some great restaurants there at fair pricings
Germany is roughly 20 cents a litre cheaper for diesel than France, if you get near the border to fill up.

Enjoy

OP
OP
Wellington

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
She has good taste ::bigsmile:

Indeed. Lindor and Hotel Chocolat are her favourites, will slum it with Cadbury’s if there’s no alternative!

Love your system of stacking stuff, very much like ours (y) :love:

That’s not my system. This is MY system. I like everything to have a place!

51B2A7F0-AF58-47E1-8F8D-95561C53646B.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back