Off to France (1 Viewer)

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Off to France next weekend for 2 or so months wondering are French customs still having a good look in your motorhome, last time we went via Dover Calais and they had a fair old mooch about, thinking about leaving fridge empty or taking a risk not sure yet, after reading a couple of other posts chicken, eggs are a bit steep in France...

Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
We came back today via the tunnel. French customs looked in the van and in the garage. Had absolutely no interest in the fridge.

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
never had them look in fridge or anywhere else going out only a quick look in washroom coming back.Everything is dear in France but we are catching up fast. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Off to France next weekend for 2 or so months wondering are French customs still having a good look in your motorhome, last time we went via Dover Calais and they had a fair old mooch about, thinking about leaving fridge empty or taking a risk not sure yet, after reading a couple of other posts chicken, eggs are a bit steep in France...
How much Chicken and how many eggs are you thinking of taking?

If you are going for two months what are you worried about.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
TONCAZ
Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
How much Chicken and how many eggs are you thinking of taking?

If you are going for two months what are you worried about.
Wasn't just chicken/eggs but would like to put a bit in before I started spending lots of dosh on food, just that chicken and eggs have been on a few posts saying they are very expensive, could actually drop into Spain and fill my boots there for a week or so.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Wasn't just chicken/eggs but would like to put a bit in before I started spending lots of dosh on food, just that chicken and eggs have been on a few posts saying they are very expensive
If you like chicken then you are going to have an expensive holiday , 8 euro’s for two chicken breast 👍

Upvote 0
Oct 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 2017
If you like chicken then you are going to have an expensive holiday , 8 euro’s for two chicken breast 👍
Yes indeed
We were quite surprised at the cost of chicken, and indeed all meats , whilst in France last month.
The price of wine balanced our budget though 👍
2.5/3 Euros a bottle for very drinkable vino

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
But if you like chicken that tastes of something then you will enjoy the French chicken, more than the cheap UK stuff. 👍🏻👍🏻

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Wasn't just chicken/eggs but would like to put a bit in before I started spending lots of dosh on food, just that chicken and eggs have been on a few posts saying they are very expensive, could actually drop into Spain and fill my boots there for a week or so.
don't know if you like Salmon ,if you do wait until you see the price of that. French toast is a lot cheaper than here take some pate' with you :ROFLMAO:. On a serious note stuff is more expensive but better quality .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back