Numptie Question - Tyre Pressure (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Folks

This has probably been asked 1,000,000,000 times and for this I apologise in advance.

I am completely confused about the correct tyre pressure to put into my Dethleffs Trend 7057 tyres. They are Michelin 225 75 R16 CP. The cab is Fiat Ducato. I have no idea - looked in the manual - made me even more confused.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm away tomorrow on a four day trip and want to be sure they are pumped up correctly.

Many thanks
Chris

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
There are a lot of threads on here with much information, do a search for "tyre pressures" in the search box. (y)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For accurate pressures you need accurate axle weights and then ask Michelin. In the absence of accurate weights you can use the plated maximums.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Folks

This has probably been asked 1,000,000,000 times and for this I apologise in advance.

I am completely confused about the correct tyre pressure to put into my Dethleffs Trend 7057 tyres. They are Michelin 225 75 R16 CP. The cab is Fiat Ducato. I have no idea - looked in the manual - made me even more confused.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm away tomorrow on a four day trip and want to be sure they are pumped up correctly.

Many thanks
Chris
I

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Folks and thank you for your responses. Remembering the term "noobie" could someone tell me where I find the axle weights?

Upvote 0

Jackyboy61

Free Member
Jun 6, 2014
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Well I was the same as you looked on web sites and fourums and the more I looked the more confused I got ,so I went to my local tyre dealer and asked the question,and the answer was70psi in the front and 75 to 80 psi depending on what I was carrying in the garage at the back of the M H,it made a great difference to to ride of the vehicle also,then I bit the bullet and I fitted semi air suspension,and what a difference that added to the ride and control of the MH,hope this helps a bit ,b it I'm sure somebody will come along and say that I'm wrong ,but it woks for me ,just done a 2 1/2 thousand miles touring around France and Spain without any problems at all .

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi Folks and thank you for your responses. Remembering the term "noobie" could someone tell me where I find the axle weights?

Axle weights will be on a (probably) metal plate somewhere in your cab area. Will have 4 sets of figs:-
Top is MAUW (e.g. 3500)
2nd is MGTW - max weight of vehicle plus any trailer
3rd is front axle max weight
4th is rear axle max weight

Actual weights would be better - in fact a good idea anyway to get the van weighed in full going-away mode to be sure you're not already over (I was!).
Then use the table at the Tyresafe web site.

I got my numbers from Continental who replied almost immediately. From other posts it seems Michelin are not quite so customer orientated.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
I went to my local tyre dealer and asked the question,and the answer was70psi in the front and 75 to 80 psi depending on what I was carrying in the garage at the back of the M H,it made a great difference to to ride of the vehicle also,then I bit the bullet and I fitted semi air suspension,and what a difference that added to the ride and control of the MH,hope this helps a bit ,b it I'm sure somebody will come along and say that I'm wrong ,but it woks for me ,just done a 2 1/2 thousand miles touring around France and Spain without any problems at all .
Super - I was thinking around 50psi in the front and 80psi at the back basically because of the various threads I've read. Any idea how I find out what the front and rear axle weights are in the Trend?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
kenwardc
Aug 6, 2017
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend 7057
Exp
Since 2017
Axle weights will be on a (probably) metal plate somewhere in your cab area. Will have 4 sets of figs:-
Top is MAUW (e.g. 3500)
2nd is MGTW - max weight of vehicle plus any trailer
3rd is front axle max weight
4th is rear axle max weight
Ah - that's an idea - will have a look to see if I can find the plate. Have no idea where to go to get weighed but that sounds like good advice too. Many thanks.

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Ah - that's an idea - will have a look to see if I can find the plate. Have no idea where to go to get weighed but that sounds like good advice too. Many thanks.
Local council will have a weighbridge somewhere - ask at a recycling centre.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
That will do no good. Michelin give the same high pressure whatever the actual axle weight is.

Continental are much more helpful and realistic with the figures for their tyres.

I know Michelin do that with the rear axle but they don’t with the front.

For what it’s worth I run my rear at 80 as they suggest and I think it feels better than running it softer.

Upvote 0
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We have a dethleffs trend 6767, when collected it had about 75psi and the ride was awful, in the manual it has pressures based on axle loads, I worked off the maximums on the plate just inside the door, and I think they are now about 50/55 front/rear. No problems so far, ride is slightly better.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back