NRF Blinds and Flyscreens (1 Viewer)

Dec 2, 2019
West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Clubman
Exp
Since Nov 2018
Having just fitted some NRF blinds and fly screens and made a minor cock up I thought Iā€™d explain so you can take the mickey and maybe not do the samešŸ„“

The blinds come in 650mm height only and must be trimmed to fit if necessary. It was necessary.

No instructions (at all!) but only one way to do it so I cut around 30mm off both sides of the first blind for a perfect fit, lovely. The blinds have a blackout that lifts up and a fly screen that pulls down and they can be clipped together. The blackout has sprung lugs that drop into holes in the runners to keep them in place, squeeze the handles to release and adjust, more loveliness. Oh noā€¦ the blackout locks in place leaving a half inch gap at the topā€¦ eh?

It turns out the holes in the runners are not the same distance from their respective ends. This means the sides have a right way up and when trimming they must be cut off at the bottom. Sodā€™s law dictated that I had cut off the top along with its hole so I either had no hole at the top or, as I discovered, a hole half an inch too far down. No big deal, I can take off the sides, turn them over and side to side and make new holes in the right place where there are none.

Nice blindsā€¦ but why are the top and bottom holes not the same distance from the end (must be Italian logic)?

Jan 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Pilote P732 2011
Exp
3rd Time around, since 2000
At least they can be turned and made to fit,
many times I have done similar
Now I try my best to follow the very wise saying
measure twice cut once.

jb

OP
OP
Nigel-ph
Dec 2, 2019
West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Clubman
Exp
Since Nov 2018
At least they can be turned and made to fit,
many times I have done similar
Now I try my best to follow the very wise saying
measure twice cut once.

jb
If you know what to measurešŸ„“. To begin with i didnā€™t even know which blind was at the top or bottom. I figured that out because the handles on the fly screen only showed NRF, which presumably were intended to be to be the right way up. Also I didnā€™t know it had holes in the runners and wrongly assumed that if you join the two blinds together they would stay wherever you put them.

They came with absolutely no information or fitting instructions and I could find nothing relevant online. Before choosing NFR over Duplo I emailed Duplo for a custom size and they replied in Italian ā€œnot out side Europeā€ or a translation that amounted to that. Brexit sour grapes by both manufacturers maybe!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2007
Am I right in thinking you've altered the height of the blind - ie the 650mm? Did you alter the width at all? Also, I believe you can put them upside down - so the flyscreen is at the bottom (with the NRF upside down)? (This makes far more sense to me - i want to be able to feel the breeze but not be blinded by the light!). TIA

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back