Jul 2, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Ih tio
Exp
image.jpeg

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I was just about to eat a coronation chicken sandwich recently and the door bell rang. on my return, the sandwich was gone down the labradors throat! Rang the vet as they contain raisins, he said bring her straight round. He gave her an injection to make her vomit and £70 later all was done. In the vomit we found 12 raisins, the vet said some dogs could eat a load and have no problems other dogs could go into failure after eating just a couple.

So, lesson learnt, most expensive sandwich that I never got to eat!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Peanut butter as per Potty says, is fine ( Morrison’s own brand with orange lid is pure peanuts, no sweetener, no palm oil, there are others too) I think the risk is ingesting a peanut that goes into the lung instead of stomach. The oil on the peanuts causes a reaction. Same reason for not giving peanuts to small children.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I was just about to eat a coronation chicken sandwich recently and the door bell rang. on my return, the sandwich was gone down the labradors throat! Rang the vet as they contain raisins, he said bring her straight round. He gave her an injection to make her vomit and £70 later all was done. In the vomit we found 12 raisins, the vet said some dogs could eat a load and have no problems other dogs could go into failure after eating just a couple.

So, lesson learnt, most expensive sandwich that I never got to eat!!

That'll larn ye against eating Snowflake sandwiches

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Knew about xylitol but it was the peanut itself as in the OP's infographic I was curious about...

Obviously there is an intrinsic danger of any small object, not just food related, becoming a choking danger...

So no actual evidence a peanut is dangerous/harmful?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back