North to Mardrid thanks to Richard & Mo (1 Viewer)

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
we are just finishing up a couple of wonderful days with Mo & Richard who we met at the Twin Lakes Rally in France,thanks guys for your wonderful hospitality and to Booby the dog too.

For the first time we are leaving the coast and heading inland towards Madrid, I expect there will be a stop or two along the way and we are both very excited to see a different side of Spain.

Recommendations for stop offs and indeed ideas of where to stay in Madrid most welcome?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Toledo is well worth a look. It is a stunning place. Much further to the east is Albarracin where there is an aire and a campsite open all year I think.

Toledo.

P5050586.JPG

Albarracin.

10 Albarracin.jpg

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If you like natural parks drive through Cazorla. But not off road like @DBK. Can be done en route to Toledo. Nice overnight official Camperstop at Puerto Lapice (in Camper Contact) before Toledo.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Torledo looks like a choice for our return journey to the coast via Granada

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Toledo would get our vote.

Just be wary of the cafe in the town square near the fountain. The pigeons have absolutely no respect for the Brits.:eek:

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Totana, of course, is a nice place if you like mountain walking or biking :LOL:.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Toledo is well worth a look. It is a stunning place. Much further to the east is Albarracin where there is an aire and a campsite open all year I think.

Toledo.

View attachment 194777

Albarracin.

View attachment 194778
Looking to stay in it near Toledo tomorrow but can only find one site that looks like €25 per night Campong el Greco , is there an alternative?

Thanks

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking to stay in it near Toledo tomorrow but can only find one site that looks like €25 per night Campong el Greco , is there an alternative?

Thanks
Sorry, El Greco was where we stayed. A quick check on CamperContact suggests no alternatives but I haven't looked on any other sites such as park4night.
There may well be places to park but if you want water and dumping, so to speak, it has to be the campsite I think. It is worth it - you approach it down a tree-lined avenue - and is within walking distance of the city. Two nights should be enough.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Sorry, El Greco was where we stayed. A quick check on CamperContact suggests no alternatives but I haven't looked on any other sites such as park4night.
There may well be places to park but if you want water and dumping, so to speak, it has to be the campsite I think. It is worth it - you approach it down a tree-lined avenue - and is within walking distance of the city. Two nights should be enough.
Thanks, we are going to the flee market in Madrid tomorrow morning so as we won’t get to Torledo till getting on for dark will likely use it. Do they have laundry facilities?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thanks, we are going to the flee market in Madrid tomorrow morning so as we won’t get to Torledo till getting on for dark will likely use it. Do they have laundry facilities?
Without checking in the ACSI book I'm not sure but I would be very surprised if they don't. It's a swish site. Should be fairly easy to find even in the dark. There is a ring road, so if you start going up hill into the old town you know the satnav is playing games. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back