Non UK registration style plate in Europe (1 Viewer)

Laughing Gravy

Free Member
Feb 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV20
Exp
Since 2019
Here is an interesting question (I think !) 🙄

i picked up a couple of German style registration plates in California a few years ago that has my UK registered personalised number on both (one yellow and one white)

I appreciate that they are illegal in the UK as the font isn’t the approved Charles Wright font and I backed out of using them in the UK on my van as I don’t want a fine. I live in the UK.

I am going touring for around 12 months in Europe as soon as restrictions are lifted here and abroad (I have an Irish passport and still a EU citizen so I can) so my question is ...

Are these non conformist in Uk style but UK registered number plates legal in Europe ? They are very stylish and blend nicely with the europeans autos plates.

Grateful for a view. Can’t see anything on the net.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
They are very stylish and blend nicely with the europeans autos plates.

Just think, if you had a German van you’d be almost indistinguishable from the locals. :rofl:

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Funny
Reactions: DBK
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
You would not be legal in CoO so not legal anywhere else , having said that the chances of any action being taken against you would be very unlikely , as to why anyone would want to do so ? :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Here is an interesting question (I think !) 🙄

i picked up a couple of German style registration plates in California a few years ago that has my UK registered personalised number on both (one yellow and one white)

I appreciate that they are illegal in the UK as the font isn’t the approved Charles Wright font and I backed out of using them in the UK on my van as I don’t want a fine. I live in the UK.

I am going touring for around 12 months in Europe as soon as restrictions are lifted here and abroad (I have an Irish passport and still a EU citizen so I can) so my question is ...

Are these non conformist in Uk style but UK registered number plates legal in Europe ? They are very stylish and blend nicely with the europeans autos plates.

Grateful for a view. Can’t see anything on the net.
NO

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
If you’re looking for eu style pressed metal number plates there are plenty of suppliers on EBay now making UK legal ones with the correct BS markings. They also make shortened 5-7 digit ones for personalised numbers.

<Broken link removed>

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back