Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I see Jim's vote is neck and neck, I'm surprised, I thought the "No" vote would be much higher. Does this indicate a softening in smokers attitude towards none smokers.. :)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
As an ex smoker I think this banning of smoking in public places is totally over the top but the dropping of dog ends on the floor should be a hanging offense. ;)

I agree. It drives me nuts that when I come out of my office I walk a few hundred yards around the back and out of sight to smoke where there is a bin to put my dog end in. Next door there is an accountants office who think it is ok to stand outside my office window, puff away and then drop their dog ends right outside my office frontage. I am getting to the stage that next time I sweep them up I will go into their office and empty them on their desk! This is what I am on about if everybody just had a little bit of respect for others then it really wouldn't be a problem. :banghead:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
(y)(y)(y)

Well said! And also smokers don't punch somebody because they have had a cigarette or run people over unlike some alchohol abusers. As long as people are respectful of others then we should all live and let live.

Ah but thier not allways, I remember a couple of years back, a whole herd of a chavy familey trapsed over my pitch, even walking under my awning, there were loads of them , how they fitted in a unit i dont know there must have been 3 generations. all smoking like is was going out of fashion (or about to banned). I asked politly for them not to walk over my pitch and got grunts in reply.

So yes I think there is a market for non smoking sites, just like kid free sites. do I think smoking should be banned on all sites NO freedom of choice is what makes Brition Great.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Ah but thier not allways, I remember a couple of years back, a whole herd of a chavy familey trapsed over my pitch, even walking under my awning, there were loads of them , how they fitted in a unit i dont know there must have been 3 generations. all smoking like is was going out of fashion (or about to banned). I asked politly for them not to walk over my pitch and got grunts in reply.

So yes I think there is a market for non smoking sites, just like kid free sites. do I think smoking should be banned on all sites NO freedom of choice is what makes Brition Great.

o_O

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We are currently in Spain where it is warm and you want to eat outside but there is nothing worse than just as you are tucking into your Calamari and chips at a bar or restaurant someone on the next table who as finished their meal lighting up a Woodbine. :mad:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I see Jim's vote is neck and neck, I'm surprised, I thought the "No" vote would be much higher. Does this indicate a softening in smokers attitude towards none smokers.. :)

No, Buttons.
Not an indication
attitudes are softening, it's an indication you got it wrong in the first place.

We are currently in Spain where it is warm and you want to eat outside but there is nothing worse than just as you are tucking into your Calamari and chips at a bar or restaurant someone on the next table who as finished their meal lighting up a Woodbine. :mad:

Simple solution, either eat inside or let smokers smoke inside so you can be outside.
You cant have it all ways.

Last edited:

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
My two pet hates; 1- I'm waiting in a crowded restaurant for a table,and there is a selfish git casually enjoying a cigarette whilst slowly drinking an after meal coffee :devil:
2- I have just finished an enjoyable meal, and relaxing with a cigarette and a coffee, and all I can hear is some impatient burk Huffing-puffing an tutting because he wants my table:devil:

A little lesson in Human Nature, What!!

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
No, Buttons.
Not an indication
attitudes are softening, it's an indication you got it wrong in the first place.

Simple solution, either eat inside or let smokers smoke inside so you can be outside.
You cant have it all ways.

Sorry :( I forgot we were ALL born with chimney pots sticking out of our heads. Lets look at the scenario for a second, its a warm and plesant day and I with my wife sit down at an outside table of a restaurant next to another couple who are currently eating their meal. I order our meal and a short while later it arrives and we start eating , however the other couple have finished their meal and both lit up causing smoke to blow over us.
Now we did NOTHING to affect the other couple whilst they ate their meal yet I'm expected to move or not sit near? I want to breath in clean natural air NOT what as been polluted by selfish persons.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Clean, natural air?
No vehicle exhaust fumes out there, then?
Did you check whether smoking was banned inside?
If so, you could have gone there.
There are usually clues that folk are smokers, ashtray on the table, fag packet and lighter, etc.
Most pub going professional non smokers tend to congregate outside in nice weather, near to the designated smoking area, then whinge about fag smoke.
As I said, you cant have it all ways.
The fresh air has been moved inside for your benefit.

Anyway, this thread is about non smoking campsites, not anti yet another smoking whinge.

That's been done to death.
Let's do dogs.
Far more entertaining.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Sorry :( I forgot we were ALL born with chimney pots sticking out of our heads. Lets look at the scenario for a second, its a warm and plesant day and I with my wife sit down at an outside table of a restaurant next to another couple who are currently eating their meal. I order our meal and a short while later it arrives and we start eating , however the other couple have finished their meal and both lit up causing smoke to blow over us.
Now we did NOTHING to affect the other couple whilst they ate their meal yet I'm expected to move or not sit near? I want to breath in clean natural air NOT what as been polluted by selfish persons.

Did you eat any Garlic by any chance, that don't half niff; how about aftershave- perfume, that can catch your throat if its applied with abandon; how did you arrive at the restaurant Car- camper-bicycle I would hope(y)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Frentchy,
Garlic eaters....
They never have a problem getting all the space there is to themselves.(That's what it's about?)
No one goes near them.::bigsmile:

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
I can see this turning into a grey water thread. I smoke and do so quietly I place my remnants in a suitable place. Dogs barking causing noise pollution. Generators whirring causing noise and environmental pollution, webbasto heaters kicking in making a nice diesal smell on a still night. Playing music in marquees upsetting a few poor sods who don't know how to enjoy themselves. All of this seems irrelevant when Ebola and Jihad john is on the rampage either ban the bloody lot or just keep enjoining your health and motorhomes which is something we all have in common.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ahhhhhhh........Someone I see who hates smoking, but will quite happily eat al fresco, whilst the chemical company at the other end of town is pumping out carcinogenic's by the ton, motor vehicles three hundred yards away are stuffing carbons into your prawn sandwich, whilst passing aeroplanes are dumping the very same, (and more), into your glass of red........Which brings up another point. All those passing kiddie-winkies, watching you and your dearest CONSUMING ALCOHOL! My God! Your teaching children a health destroying habit!
Dear oh dear. All these do gooders, naughty smoking on camp sites, is it? People complaining about dog ends on beaches, whilst passing ships drop every kind of rubbish known to man overboard, which of coarse is thrown up onto the very same sandy areas. "We don't want our kids finding dimps", no, but your quite happy for them to throw ice cream wrappers around, or bury the odd disposable nappy in the sand, for the next sun lover to find.
And good old Boris, rambling on about smoking in public parks, twittering about 'healthy clean air places', like Hyde Park, surrounded by roads containing taxis spewing smoke.......Clever
My old Gran had a saying, "He who casts the first stone...........":(

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
My grans favourite was, if you can't say anything nice , don't say anything at all.................

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
This is getting borin:sleep:; Come on Johnp10 lets test your Democracy skills, when are you going to start your anti dog thread,? Go on, you know you want to get it off your chest.:whistle:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Clean, natural air?
No vehicle exhaust fumes out there, then?
Did you check whether smoking was banned inside?
If so, you could have gone there.
There are usually clues that folk are smokers, ashtray on the table, fag packet and lighter, etc.
Most pub going professional non smokers tend to congregate outside in nice weather, near to the designated smoking area, then whinge about fag smoke.
As I said, you cant have it all ways.
The fresh air has been moved inside for your benefit.

Anyway, this thread is about non smoking campsites, not anti yet another smoking whinge.

That's been done to death.
Let's do dogs.
Far more entertaining.
You dont get it do you John, smoking is an addiction that should be treated as such, you dont have to sit next to a cocaine or heroin user. Their addiction is performed away from non users especially kids. Smoking is no different. Non users really dont want any part of your habit.

The reality is that smokers have had it their own way for far too long. Passive smoking was killing non smokers. Non smokers going home stinking of stale smoke and suffering the same fate as smokers is coming to an end. It started with clean pubs restaurants shops etc which is fantastic. Now progressing to other places where smokers habits are still seen as offensive. Sorry but that is how it is, you can huff and puff till you are blue in the face, it wont make a jot of difference. The days of sharing your offensive habit with non users are numbered.(y)

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You dont get it do you John, smoking is an addiction that should be treated as such, you dont have to sit next to a cocaine or heroin user. Their addiction is performed away from non users especially kids. Smoking is no different. Non users really dont want any part of your habit.

The reality is that smokers have had it their own way for far too long. Passive smoking was killing non smokers. Non smokers going home stinking of stale smoke and suffering the same fate as smokers is coming to an end. It started with clean pubs restaurants shops etc which is fantastic. Now progressing to other places where smokers habits are still seen as offensive. Sorry but that is how it is, you can huff and puff till you are blue in the face, it wont make a jot of difference. The days of sharing your offensive habit with non users is coming to an end.(y)
No one is asking you to! Go and sit somewhere else, (as you would if you saw someone sitting on a bench holding a shotgun), or would you deliberately sit next to a smoker, (I see you never mentioned a DRUNK), just so you could moan about it??

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
No one is asking you to! Go and sit somewhere else, (as you would if you saw someone sitting on a bench holding a shotgun), or would you deliberately sit next to a smoker, (I see you never mentioned a DRUNK), just so you could moan about it??
I dont moan tootes I just share facts.;)

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Nice bit of Dictatorial Dictation there(y)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I can see this turning into a grey water thread. I smoke and do so quietly I place my remnants in a suitable place. Dogs barking causing noise pollution. Generators whirring causing noise and environmental pollution, webbasto heaters kicking in making a nice diesal smell on a still night. Playing music in marquees upsetting a few poor sods who don't know how to enjoy themselves. All of this seems irrelevant when Ebola and Jihad john is on the rampage either ban the bloody lot or just keep enjoining your health and motorhomes which is something we all have in common.

all true but what about this grey waist stuff, ive never heard of that befor

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I dont moan tootes I just share facts.;)
Which are what?? I cant understand why your so selective in your post about those with addictions?? My question still stands.....IF you hate something SO MUCH, why would you go anywhere near a smoker??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back