Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
You still have to do a paid for LFT on day 2, cheaper but not “no tests”
You do but it’s the removal of the threat of having to quarantine abroad that will reassure most travellers. Well, me anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
Never minded the cheap tests in France, just the expensive and hard to get test here. Always felt the test before returning woud stop catching it on board ferry or plane. The one here was a waste of time as you had already been checked before returning??????????

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Never minded the cheap tests in France, just the expensive and hard to get test here. Always felt the test before returning woud stop catching it on board ferry or plane. The one here was a waste of time as you had already been checked before returning??????????
Like you I didn’t mind the cheap French tests. I don’t understand how you think a test would stop you catching it on board a plane or ferry though. Tests don’t stop covid and don’t always pick it up.
There are quite a few that seem to think testing will stop covid. I’ve never understood it.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
When we return to UK from UAE on 16th Jan what test do we do after arriving.
We have to do a PCR before we get on the plane. But after landing Manchester bit confused as to what we have to do.

EDIT. We are double and booster stabbed.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Typical, spent all the morning before planning route up through France with a pharmacy stop, finding a pharmacy, and booking the test appointment. Oh well can cancel it now I guess

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
Hello bobnick, i dont think you have to do pcr before getting on plane back to uk anymore, but you have to do pcr when you get home (2days) but no quarantine …. I think🤞

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Like you I didn’t mind the cheap French tests. I don’t understand how you think a test would stop you catching it on board a plane or ferry though. Tests don’t stop covid and don’t always pick it up.
There are quite a few that seem to think testing will stop covid. I’ve never understood it.

If all around you on ferry or aircraft have had negative test results it must reduce the chance of catching it onboard.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Hello bobnick, i dont think you have to do pcr before getting on plane back to uk anymore, but you have to do pcr when you get home (2days) but no quarantine …. I think🤞
The Day 2 test is now Lateral Flow not the PCR so the cheaper one.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Good news for us travellers. No more expensive tests to take on our return to the UK.

Colyboy
You cannot use the free NHS LFT kits you have to pay to have a LFT done. Still cheaper than the PCR but you still have to find somewhere legit to get the tests done

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
When we return to UK from UAE on 16th Jan what test do we do after arriving.
We have to do a PCR before we get on the plane. But after landing Manchester bit confused as to what we have to do.

EDIT. We are double and booster stabbed.
pampam was nearly correct.
No need for any test prior to coming home, but need to order 2 day Lateral flow test instead of PCR for return to England.

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
And again
  • Eligible fully vaccinated travellers and under 18s will no longer have to take a pre-departure test or self-isolate on arrival in England – returning to the travel rules that were in place before Omicron

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
You cannot use the free NHS LFT kits you have to pay to have a LFT done. Still cheaper than the PCR but you still have to find somewhere legit to get the tests done
That fact tells us all exactly what the testing is all about. Money, that’s what. The LFT is the same test whether paid for or not. The result of the test is the same whether paid for or not. So it’s not about the test but about the money.

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Up here in the kingdom of North Korea we are still waiting on our dictator accepting a 4 nation approach to international travel testing:mad:

May 29, 2020
Ferndown, BH22 9sg, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Pepper
Exp
Since 2019
If all on the ferry had taken the test and had the pass before getting on the ferry, then the chances of spread during the passage would be reduced

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If all on the ferry had taken the test and had the pass before getting on the ferry, then the chances of spread during the passage would be reduced
If and it's a big If, tests pick up all positives which they haven't so far. If the tests did pick up all positive cases there would be no need for PCR tests.
It's not the test that stops covid. It's staying away from people who have covid that stops the spread.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Someone mentioned a company that provides the RFT at £12.
Must be a different thread.
Could anyone remind me the name of this company please.
And are they Gov approved.?

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Someone mentioned a company that provides the RFT at £12.
Must be a different thread.
Could anyone remind me the name of this company please.
And are they Gov approved.?
Simplytestme.co.uk
I think it was Lenny HB that posted

Cheers Cris.

ThinkingAbout

Free Member
Jul 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking
If all around you on ferry or aircraft have had negative test results it must reduce the chance of catching it onboard.
Not really if people have taken the test 2 days before travel, and some people could retest an hour later and become positive. Planes/airports and ferries are far more likely to spread it than people out in the sun on holiday so the 2 day post test is far more important.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The only gteed method is isolate for 5 days then test, then isolate until departure.For everyone.otherwise a waste of time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back