No more fighting with duvet covers (1 Viewer)

Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have recently discovered coverless duvets and bought a 4.5 Tog and a 10.5 Tog one for the motorhome which should cover all eventualities. Although they seem quite thin they genuinely are the tog stated, feel really soft and wash easily and dry quickly. We got ours from M&S which is the only place we've found that does super kingsize. No we don't have a massive van - Ace Capri (5.59m long) but we use the cab seats to extend the length of the bed and so sleep along rather than across the van.

Think we might switch over to coverless duvets in the house as well - yes you are tied to the same pattern but it's worth it not to have to fight with it every time you change the bedding and of course it's more hygienic because you are washing the whole thing every time

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
We have done exactly that, I even used the 4.5 tog in the winter at home, was a bit chilly though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
We have recently discovered coverless duvets and bought a 4.5 Tog and a 10.5 Tog one for the motorhome which should cover all eventualities. Although they seem quite thin they genuinely are the tog stated, feel really soft and wash easily and dry quickly. We got ours from M&S which is the only place we've found that does super kingsize. No we don't have a massive van - Ace Capri (5.59m long) but we use the cab seats to extend the length of the bed and so sleep along rather than across the van.

Think we might switch over to coverless duvets in the house as well - yes you are tied to the same pattern but it's worth it not to have to fight with it every time you change the bedding and of course it's more hygienic because you are washing the whole thing every time
They are good aren’t they - thinking of changing at home too - just worried that if I get a super king it might be too much for our washing machine?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We’ve found a great way to stop the nightly duvet tug of war too. 👍

AC4929BF-979B-4DAC-AD1B-7E244A5A5CF8.jpeg

OP
OP
Harrietliberty
Jun 20, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
They are good aren’t they - thinking of changing at home too - just worried that if I get a super king it might be too much for our washing machine?
I have washed the 10.5 Tog duvet in our normal washing machine and although it was a tight fit, it was fine. The 4.5 Tog one fitted easily

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Other than not having to put a cover on what's the benefit over a washable duvet? On the latter at least you can change the cover if you want, if not then just leave it on when you wash it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have washed the 10.5 Tog duvet in our normal washing machine and although it was a tight fit, it was fine. The 4.5 Tog one fitted easily
What max load does your washing machine have? Some are as little as 6kg (ours is 7kg) so do they state what size you need to wash each sized one?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We’ve found a great way to stop the nightly duvet tug of war too. 👍

View attachment 527076
We’re the same Paul, singles over the garage, Mrs Westy can have the thickest quilt she wants (she has mild Reynards) whilst I can have the thinnest👍😁😁
Works for us👍

Mar 18, 2015
Burrough on the Hill, Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 886f
Exp
Since 2014
We have two single duvets on the Kindsize bed at home. We went to Copenhagen for a weekend and that's what the hotel had. Loved it so much came home and changed the bedding.

Still got a kingsizein the MH but i'm working on that one. (4,5 Tog, we're usually on an EHU so if it gets nippy on goes the heating)

Singles are so much easier to change than double/kings especially in the MH where elbow room is somewhat reduced.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I would want to carry two sets of duvets in the Motorhome far easier to carry spare covers for when you need to change the bedding. Wouldn't want to go 6 or 7 weeks without washing the bedding.
Also we prefer natural fillings all ours are duck down.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
About 3 years ago our daughter had to study in Arizona, I flew out with her to help get her accommodation and this was all the shops sold. They had a name for it but can’t for the life of me think what it was.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
We’re the same Paul, singles over the garage, Mrs Westy can have the thickest quilt she wants (she has mild Reynards) whilst I can have the thinnest👍😁😁
Works for us👍
LOL, we're the exact opposite, I'm cold bones, thermal socks ect, Mrs BBF, perspiring buckets even when snowing.
Mike.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
LOL, we're the exact opposite, I'm cold bones, thermal socks ect, Mrs BBF, perspiring buckets even when snowing.
Mike.
I should make Ann wear thermal socks, she always puts her 2°c feet on me in bed and I jump with shock 😳😏

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
We will stick to covers on the duvets, that way you can remove, wash, air dry, and refit in a day. I wouldn’t be so happy having to wait for two duvets to dry in a day, and would also probably require more washing machine cycles for the process.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
What max load does your washing machine have? Some are as little as 6kg (ours is 7kg) so do they state what size you need to wash each sized one?
Ours is 9kg which should take super king but after reading some reviews (which loved the duvets) which claimed that they struggled fitting such a large size in. (And yes I realise how rude that sounds!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back