LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We have been travelling near enough full time for over 2 years now. The time has come to rent out our flat for extra income (don’t need advice on this thanks)
we are in the lucky position to have a business address and after some internet searching I can register for the following doctors, driving licence, right to vote, hmrc, vehicle insurance and DVLA all at the business address.
What else if anything am I missing.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I want all responses to the relevant departments to be above board and truthful. Although I haven’t got the local doctors to the business address to accept us yet, by law they shouldn’t refuse.
we have done 34k miles and have traveled for 16 months in Europe this included France, Germany, Luxembourg, Belgium, Spain and Portugal. 4 months in the uk working and the last 3 months in the motorhome parked at our business address.
Isolating in the motorhome made us realise when we could go and live in our flat we didn’t want to.
Discussions with the bank this week to ensure they are happy to rent as we have a residential mortgage.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Banks and credit cards will need to be registered there too. Will any utility bills be on your name at the business address? Mortgage companies still insist on this as a form of ID. You may remortgage your flat or buy another property in the future, so it is handy to keep your credit trail healthy.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Banks and credit cards will need to be registered there too. Will any utility bills be on your name at the business address? Mortgage companies still insist on this as a form of ID. You may remortgage your flat or buy another property in the future, so it is handy to keep your credit trail healthy.
unfortunately no utilities as it’s included although we have business rates but I dont think that would be any use. I will ask the bank on that point.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
You might have to change to buy to let mortgage.
Passport and driving license was sufficient.
No utility bills needed.

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have been living in our van full time for just over 3 years.

We have been using our daughter and son in laws address for almost everything without problem.

The only problem was staying registered with our gp. I have regular repeat prescriptions. Because of this they let my wife and I stay registered.

According to their computer our address is the same as the surgery.

Paul

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Pal of mine back in the 90`s. rented his home out, (No 26) But not his garage, the tenants used the car port. And he "moved" to 26A. which was a letter Box In the garage wall. and a huge sack behind. He would go periodically if he was in the UK and sort out his "mail". I went a couple of times and just forwarded any thing he needed out to him. As we all know the vast majority is just "dross". He put a sign on the entrance showing where "No 26A" was. Anything that Did get wrongly posted to No 26 was just put in the "new" postal address by the tenants. There was another guy. I delivered to several times. he was "full-timing" in an R-V in his workshop yard after his wife kicked him out. I asked how he got on with stuff like that and especially over using it to "reside". He told the council it was the Night Watchmans! "hut". All his personal stuff was going to the Workshop address.

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
You might have to change to buy to let mortgage.
Passport and driving license was sufficient.
No utility bills needed.
No they have a thing now where it’s just a mortgage with permission to rent (cheaper than a buy to let so I’m very happy)

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
we are now full time.
The flat was emptied of all personal possessions yesterday, we managed to box up our life onto 2 pallets which are now securely stored in our business storage unit,
14 bin bags of clothes and shoes plus some other bits and pieces to be dropped of at the local hospice charity shop (We rang to ask if they are taking donations and yes but you have to book a time slot ,they come out to meet you With a trolley on the street).
Now awaiting for the 4th of July to hit the road.

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Nice

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
We start full timing this Friday :happy: Thought we were making the right decision to spend lockdown in bricks and mortar but now we can’t wait to get back into the Moho. We use sis-in-laws address and our GP is happy to repeat prescribe our regular medications. One way ferry ticket to Spain booked for September and we both pack in our jobs end of Augus. Anything that we haven’t already thought about and covered ...... wont be the end of the world ...... where there’s a will, there’s a way ..... and a lot of the non-Schengen countries look like great options to us.:giggle:(y)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We start full timing this Friday :happy: Thought we were making the right decision to spend lockdown in bricks and mortar but now we can’t wait to get back into the Moho. We use sis-in-laws address and our GP is happy to repeat prescribe our regular medications. One way ferry ticket to Spain booked for September and we both pack in our jobs end of Augus. Anything that we haven’t already thought about and covered ...... wont be the end of the world ...... where there’s a will, there’s a way ..... and a lot of the non-Schengen countries look like great options to us.:giggle:(y)
HAVE IT 👍

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Enjoy your travels

Just remember though if you rent your own house out for more than 18 months you will be liable for capital gains tax if you ever sell it in the future

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Enjoy your travels

Just remember though if you rent your own house out for more than 18 months you will be liable for capital gains tax if you ever sell it in the future
thank You though we did know about this. To be honest if we decided to go back into a property it wouldn’t be that one, it’s a great flat but as the only reason we lived in the city was for work I can’t see us deciding to go back. (When we are required back into the city its only for an 8 week Stretch so we will air b & b).

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Enjoy your travels

The way around this, if it's your main property, is to rent out a single bedroom, with total access to the rest of the house.
It means on paper you are still is residence, as it's house share.

What they are trying to stop is people renting out their main house and living in another house with no intention of moving back into the main house at any time.

Jun 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
How do you get you repeating prescriptions
As my one goes to my local chemist

OP
OP
Mr porky

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
3 months at a time plus I’m 3 months ahead so not an issue at the minute for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back