Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
An update

I got my renewal notice from Saga and they want £699!!! :Eeek: AND they say that includes 54% NCB, which means their starting point was almost £1,300. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Given that I am 65 with no recent endorsements or accidents and that the motorhome is kept on my property in a safe part of a safe town, that really is taking the P......... Phoned them up and asked them if they had made a mistake and they said no they hadn't, so I tild them they were totally uncompetitive and I would not be renewing. Bet that won't stop the junk mail from them though.

I have quotes from Comfort and Safeguard coming in at between £310 and £350 for about equivalent cover. Anybody got and good/bad experiences with either when it comes to claims and also price creep at renewal time (another thing that winds me up).

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I think if you do a search through here you will find that both are well respected motorhome insurance companys:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Two of them are manufacturers own insurance services but I believe both are underwritten by Allianz. The third one for the MH is Caravan Guard
Thanks. Just tried Caravan Guard and they are about £140 more expensive than the best equivalent quote I have got. No mention of mirroring NCD. They asked me what NCD I had on motorhome and what NCD I had on any other vehicle. Do not think that is going to make up the difference.

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Peter, we are with safegaurd for the fourth year now , having shopped around and checked the small print , they worked out the best for us based on ...

EU breakdown cover
amount of time out of the uk
free green card for morocco ( i did not know exact the dates so they gave me one for 4 months ) others were upward of £ 17
High mileage allowance ( others were only 6,ooo ml a year )

Ring them and ask the questions ,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
HI

When I first purchased the MH, I insured with SafeGuard, who set up my initial policy with the same NCD as I had on my Car, I think I had to send proof, but they started me then on what I had, with no sacrifice to my car policy.

Hope that helps

Kev
Same here.....i insured my RV with Safeguard using my car discount.
Cost me £630 the first year with a £100 cashback after 90 days.
Cover arranged via Swinton insurance brokers and i believe the cashback came from them, not safeguard.

Now in my third year and the premium is around the same.
THhe latest premium was almost £30 less than the first year.

Certainly not the cheapest but the cover pressed all the buttons for me.

Edit......just realised i lready posted a reply

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back