Nice modern looking van (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Dark vans with darkened windows tend to remind me of the vehicles that roll up quietly at the back of hospitals to collect the deceased.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Thats a lovely looking van and I like the layout however the idea of perhaps converting beds to a seat during the day would be nicer😊👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EML

Sep 18, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
15 years
I like a few if the ideas in this van and it’s overall openness is good, what do people think
IMHO... I don't like it. First off, his wife is right - all bed, no couch. And there's just a tiny corridor down the middle, so only a tiny part of the van is normally usable, and that's all kitchen.

Second, it's an XLT, whatever that is, but it seems to be an H3L4, so it's 7.6m, too long for a 'stealth' van (which is what the guy doing the filming called it). I'm sure he could have done more with 7.6m. Also, I personally don't think anything over 6m really works in the UK, which is unfortunately where I spend most of my time.

I don't like the back - both doors open, and the loo's open to the world, with just a curtain which will normally be open. Mine's similar (in an L3H3), but there's a 3/4-enclosed (big) wetroom, with a half-width curtain, instead of a full width curtain, and I normally use only one back door (the other one just gives access to the cassette). This means that I can have full-height cupboards on one side.

I think this has the standard MoHo problem - someone didn't sit down and work out how they would actually use the thing, so it doesn't do whatever job you actually want it for. Maybe it works for this guy, if he spends all day cooking and sleeping while on hookup at a site. And the table seems completely pointless.

I did like the front/cab curtain, though, and the 80/20 Aluminium cupboards. I'd like to do Al everywhere next time. And the Corian surfaces, and the shower tray. The electrics look good, but not accessible enough.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Thats a lovely looking van and I like the layout however the idea of perhaps converting beds to a seat during the day would be nicer😊👍
Thats what I thought, theres nowhere to sit during the day/evenng. There are other things that havnt been thought through too well, for example the fridge door opens the wrong way so the n you are cooking you have to go between the beds to open it, iy might be better if it was left hinged so it could be opened from the kitchen area. I also think the shower curtain arrangement will ensure water splashing outside the shower and similarly with the kitchen sink, the cab curtains will be splashed each time the sink is used. It probably a nice van if you site outside most off the time, although where you store chairs is a mystery. Probably OK in warmer climates but in the UK/Europe, not so much.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I can't watch these sort of things without thinking,there's nothing in there that we havnt got, I know it sounds like braging but seriously the only thing we havnt got there is air conditioning, and our bed will turn into seating in about twenty seconds and we have a proper oven.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Yes, I think I would treat the beds more as a day bed - at least one to sit for meals etc. like it tho😁

Reactions: 68c
OP
OP
Otter Spotter
Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
For what’s worth, I like the airy space created by not having a traditional shower/toilet room and floor to ceiling cupboards for fridge and wardrobe, I like the front curtain but I would want thermal material. The Shower curtain is a no no for me, it doesn’t matter how it fits within the shower tray, it will stick to you.
I like the light coloured work surfaces but I am not sure what the weight of the Corian would add to Van.
This is a typical American van built inside with the knowledge it is probably powered by at least a 3ltr turbo charged engine, so weight and payload not a big issue for them.

The single beds need backs to create bench seats.
I won’t be painting my van black any day soon.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
Not liked at all. Too many wrong things for me. Shower curtain- no way. Fold back proper shower screen. As others say nowhere to sit during day. Really didn’t like cupboards but very American!!

Maybe for one person but then two beds not needed. Wife didn’t like it so why build it like that!!

Carll

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, interesting to see, but it didn't really float my boat. :unsure:

We'll stick with our 6.4m Rapido V68... ;)

Couldn't believe that fridge was 130-odd litres - looked half the size of ours, which is 135 litres. :rolleyes:

Oct 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
VW
Exp
Since 2017
Nice van.
I’ve never been keen on getting on my knees to look in the fridge.

Not mad on switches right beside the kitchen sink and tap.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
For a large van it seemed very closed in IMO. I liked the blinds! I’d want somewhere comfortable to sit in the back.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Distinct lack of lounge seating which has already been pointed out, looks like some sharp corners on the cupboards that would make a nice job on a carelessly bumped head, likewise the handles on the upper cupboards, I don't like the idea of one long overhead cupboard, the shower with curtain? nah left that behind 30 years ago when we sold our first caravan, the induction hob was neat but that's about it really other than it looked like a sturdy construction.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
No dividers in lockers. Nowhere to store anything large like chairs. The shower is horrible and the completely pointless table with nowhere to sit. A very poor design altogether I would say.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back