LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Have they got a bad batch or whats going on?
Bought a new one last weekend couldn't get it to do anything apart from blue leds lighting up for a couple of secs when you push the buttons. Took it back & they got a new one in which I picked up yesterday.
Before I drove off I opened the box plugged in the power all good got a pic on the sceen. When I get home back to square one exactly the same as the last one made sure it was fully charged.
Plugged into the PC via USB, PC not even aware anything has been plugged in.

Anyone else had problems or got one that works?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just checked and there are over 3,000 reviews for these on Amazon

Didn't notice anyone commenting on a similar problem to yours

Amazon product ASIN B01N3SP41O
Edit;
If you filter just the negative reviews, looks like they may have a few issues

xulih

Free Member
Jan 17, 2017
58.89Âş North
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Accent
Exp
I got a 312gw a few weeks ago and not convinced that it is operating as should, seems to come on and has a blue light but changes to red or no light, must go out to van and see what it has recorded from the trip this week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
Have they got a bad batch or whats going on?
Bought a new one last weekend couldn't get it to do anything apart from blue leds lighting up for a couple of secs when you push the buttons. Took it back & they got a new one in which I picked up yesterday.
Before I drove off I opened the box plugged in the power all good got a pic on the sceen. When I get home back to square one exactly the same as the last one made sure it was fully charged.
Plugged into the PC via USB, PC not even aware anything has been plugged in.

Anyone else had problems or got one that works?

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
I have 2, one in the car other in the motorhome, both work great.
Both are hard wired, registered and have downloaded pictures to see how Jan drives. Lol:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A bit late now taken the 2nd one back and bought & installed a Kaiser Baas R50 but I think I know why the Nextbase didn't work.
When I fired up the R50 it keep shouting at me "insert memmory card" reformated the card a couple of times, no luck. Had a look on their website and under FAQ I found, only use Class 6 or 10 SD cards, the card from my old dash cam was Class 4. Found a Class 10 and it all worked.
I suspect it was the same with the Nextbase, why the hell can't manufacturers be bothered to give instruction with products these days instead of stuipid pictorial quick start guides.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Bought mine about two months ago and all worked fine but I think you've hit the nail on the head anyway Lenny.

By the way yesterday I finished my Fridge Fan installation and would like to thank you muchly for your thread awhile back as that is what spurred me into action.
The replacemant fan turned up yesterday which enabled me to finish the job, the original pair of fans arrived but one was faulty spinning at less than 50 rpm, no idea why so purchased a replacement.

It really does shift some air doesn't it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back