Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just bought our first motorhome. Dec 2010
Hi. We have just bought our first motorhome (Besssacarr e460) and are hoping for lots of good advice for members. A good recommendation for a good campsite (yorkshire) for end of January would be a good start...needs to be flat and easy access as it will be first time driving anything bigger than a car!

:thumb:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Welcome,
can't help personally with Yorkshire yet, many will soon. My friend stays CC in York. Grounds soft most places north if grass, take care (we look for hard standings now).
Our first visits were to formal sites, plenty of help if things go wrong.
:welcomefunster:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Welcome to the forum Rickyd ::bigsmile:
Which part of Yorkshire are you interested in ? - it's a big county :Smile:
flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
rickyd

rickyd

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just bought our first motorhome. Dec 2010
which area of yorkshire

Interested in East and North Yorkshire at first. We don't want to go too far on our first 'attempt'.:thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site, lots of yorkies on here, So you should get loads of tips. Don't forget to check out the chatroom.
welcome.gif

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to the Fun :thumb:

We had a week at the C&CC site in Scarborough (3 miles north) last month on our first "real" trip. Excellent site with grass hard standings, easy MH service point for fresh water and drainage. Dog walk on site, not the best I've seen but ok if that matters to you. Good cliff top walk across the main road which takes you into Scarborough and return by road if you want (or bus). Good for Whitby, park at the Abbey and walk down 180 odd steps or park in the town down past the Co-op.

Had a job parking in Pickering but read somewhere that you can now park in the Antique Centre for the town or railway.

A bit further on, Helmsley is worth a visit with easy parking on the coach/bus park on Cleveland Way. So too is Hutton-Le-Hole with good plentiful, parking and the Ryedale Folk Museum and soon to be opened model village to see.

See Graham's Hadfield's Motorhome Friendly Parking pages here:

http://www.jigrah.co.uk/mhpark/nyks.htm

Happy travelling::bigsmile:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
I live up in the North Yorkshire Dales and there are loads of places. Right near where I live just outside Barnard Castle there is a new Caravan Club site which I frequently drive past. Never stayed on one but I gather they have everything you need. We are members of the Caravan Club becuase they have 2500 CL (Certified Location) sites all over the UK which are 5 van only sites on farms etc. They cost from around £3.50 upto maybe £12 per night depending on what facilities they offer.

I would decide on what exact area you want to go to and then someone will know.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi RickyD, welcome to the Fun:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome to fun

If your a member of the cc try rowntree park in centre of york lovely site

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Hiya rickyd,
Stayed a week at Willow House Caravan Park two weeks ago, if you are CC member they have a CL on site as well as their own pitches. Personally we thought the CL section was better than the other pitches, surrounded by trees and shrubs, quite cosy. still the benefits of hook ups, water and use of the very clean toilet utilities (50p for a shower). There is a Farm Shop on site with a cafe that does breakfasts and more importantly there is a bus stop outside the gates that operates an hourly service into the centre of York (£2.70 return, couldn't use my bus pass 'cause it Welsh). It's open all year. tel 01904750060, email info@willowhouseyork.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back