Newbie (1 Viewer)

mrsbaz

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
auto roller 747
Hi everyone!
we have just bought an auto roller 747 (2021) which we pick up on 10 July… exciting!
I’m just wondering if you can give any tips for what we need to get… especially bedding wise. Do normal fitted sheets

I wanted to buy spare mattresses or toppers in case we loan it out to friends / family too. thanks in advance 👍🏼

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Use your normal stuff until you are used to it, then decide what you need - want etc.
Make use of YOUR mh and get used to it before lending it to friends and family 👪.
;bigwelcome: from Liverpool by the way.
:giggle:

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hello, welcome, and.........dont lend it out to family and friends. They wont understand that fixtures and fittings are not the same durability as at home, the toilet cassette needs emptying before it overflows, not to leave the roll out awning in anything other than a still day... the list goes on and on. It will break your heart, wallet and relationships when it comes back damaged. :welcome4:
Seriously... enjoy it.... but it's yours...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mrsbaz

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
auto roller 747
Thanks everyone.
we are both a bit reluctant to loan it out to be honest and certainly wouldn’t be this year. Can’t wait to get it now.
We are in Scotland but from England originally so plan to get up and down snd across the U.K. but I’m keen to get to Europe too. 🤩

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
You will disappoint those who think they will be getting a go of the van and they may think you mean but honestly in the long run you will be better not to. Anyway... normal fitted sheets work but just check the sizes first. Apart from some essentials like power lead to connect up on site and obviously crockery, cutlery and bottle opener etc take it easy on buying the myriad of "essentials" the accessory stores would insist you need. Buy as and when the need arises. And try to buy normal household versions of things rather than motorhome versions. You will save a fortune

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 13, 2021
Newport Pagnell
Funster No
MH
Buccaneer Commodore
Exp
Since 2018.
Hi everyone!
we have just bought an auto roller 747 (2021) which we pick up on 10 July… exciting!
I’m just wondering if you can give any tips for what we need to get… especially bedding wise. Do normal fitted sheets

I wanted to buy spare mattresses tor toppers in case we loan it out to friends / family too. thanks in advance 👍🏼
788d988888

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi everyone!

I wanted to buy spare mattresses or toppers in case we loan it out to friends / family too. thanks in advance 👍🏼

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Just be aware that your van is a designated 6-berth and that the MIRO is 3,058kg before any extras or material variations are added.

If your van is to be registered at 3,500kg then by my reckoning you will only have about 250kg of payload available once you add the driver and one passenger.

This figure excludes water, waste water, food and drink, bikes, clothes, extra passengers, stuff and more stuff etc.

This van may be OK for two people running light on gear and water but not for families as you'll run the risk of being massively overloaded.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello GIF by DJ Khaled

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mrsbaz

Free Member
Jun 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
auto roller 747
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Just be aware that your van is a designated 6-berth and that the MIRO is 3,058kg before any extras or material variations are added.

If your van is to be registered at 3,500kg then by my reckoning you will only have about 250kg of payload available once you add the driver and one passenger.

This figure excludes water, waste water, food and drink, bikes, clothes, extra passengers, stuff and more stuff etc.

This van may be OK for two people running light on gear and water but not for families as you'll run the risk of being massively overloaded.

All the best,

Andrew
Oh god. Hadn’t even considered that. We will definitely have our son who is only 13 but adult sized!! Pretty much always have a couple of bikes too. Yikes.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back