Decentadventures

Free Member
Sep 27, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Seriously searching
Exp
Hello everyone. Not quite a newbie, as we haven't actually bought a vehicle yet so perhaps a pre-newbie.

My husband and I have wanted a MH since forever and have often talked about where we would go, what we would see but more importantly, what we would eat as we are both foodies. Now that we are on the verge of actually being able to buy one, we are getting quite excited and more than a little nervous as the more we read, the more complicated it seems to become.

I guess when it comes down to it, we'll just take the plunge, get out there and have fun.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
smiley-hello-clipart-1.jpg.gif

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
rvsmi.jpg
Welcome to a rapidly growing community , dont be afraid to ask any questions as it could save you money and grief ! But its a great life (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Major Tom

Free Member
Aug 30, 2017
Marchwood
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T67
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome, and yes just take the plunge!!!

We did the same this year and have just returned from our first proper trip, a fantastic 8 days in Scotland doing a mixture of Wild Camping and booked sites. We had lots of learns, which will be put to good use next time out, but most of all we had "tons" of fun and are now planning the next trip.

upload_2017-9-28_10-42-59.jpeg

Snackweasle

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Luton
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo Time 734
Exp
3 months
Nah.. Its dead simple. you can cook one pot stuff in the oven, or if plugged in, in a slow cooker, and you can use a cheap microwave and toaster too. I have them all stuffed under the bed... in case we need a midnight snack. We have tefal non stick stuff with detachable handles, to go on the hob, which is fine as long as you are roughly level. It just takes longer to create as you don't have so much room in a MH galley. If you use condensed soup bases as your basic sauces it speeds stuff up. Go for it. You know you want to.... ah go on go on go on (irish accent needed here)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Decentadventures

Free Member
Sep 27, 2017
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Seriously searching
Exp
What we're looking forward to the most is buying local produce from markets as we have done previously on our numerous trips to France over the years. It just seems that more we read the more there is to learn! I thought that the difficult bit would be buying the vehicle but now we find that we need cut down bread baskets for when we get stuck in the mud, adopt the ability to pack a week's worth of clothes into a frying pan and undertake a master's degree in physics so that we can understand the workings of the fridge/toilet/satnav.

Sep 14, 2017
The Fens
Funster No
MH
Ford Duetto, 1995
Exp
What we're looking forward to the most is buying local produce from markets as we have done previously on our numerous trips to France over the years. It just seems that more we read the more there is to learn! I thought that the difficult bit would be buying the vehicle but now we find that we need cut down bread baskets for when we get stuck in the mud, adopt the ability to pack a week's worth of clothes into a frying pan and undertake a master's degree in physics so that we can understand the workings of the fridge/toilet/satnav.

Lol me too, we've not bought yet but lots of info on here to help you get through

:pink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back