LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
Our new-to-us MoHo (Benimar 740 Europe) still has its original rear tyres. One is close to needing replacing, so we're going to replace both. What tyres do you recommend, please? Thank you so much :smiley:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I found when I need a couple of tyres in France , I used on of the online sellers, fitted at a Euromaster but needed a French address, luckily we have friend who live in France and could use their address

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
First off you have to replace both in France by law. Shop around as they are expensive. I personally like Conti Campers and managed to get four in FauVert cheaper than I could get them in the UK but that was an exception.
If you don’t speak French enough to argue, you may be told you have to have four but they only have to be the same on each axle. Just say no you will go somewhere else and they will give in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
I brought 2 hankook tyres from Fauvert and they were slightly cheaper than the U.K. the guy couldn’t speak a word of English but I showed him the tyre I wanted on their website and he got them in the following day, he was really helpful even changed fronts to rears for me with no extra charge

Apr 2, 2017
Maidstone, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 5009
Exp
Since 2010
Correction in case someone needs finding them on internet
It's "FEUVERT " which means the traffic light is on green
Sorry, and thanks for correcting the spelling mistake I would be swearing if it was me searching the web 🤣

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I used the village garage to change tyres on our then car, general trailer and a trailer tent. The garage couldn't get the tyres themselves, so were happy for me to get them delivered to our hovel and then drive round for fitting. The trailer tent tyres were 400x 8 fat small things and a pig to fit, so a €5 note as an extra to the mechanic on top of the bill was well received, and, for me, well worth it for the avoided aggro.

Steve

Reactions: HKF
Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Yellow pages in france is Link Removed

Tyre is Pneu. Address is where ever you are/ going.

Anther big supplier is Norauto.

Often /normally the price quoted will not include fitting which will be up to € 20 a tyre extra.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our new-to-us MoHo (Benimar 740 Europe) still has its original rear tyres. One is close to needing replacing, so we're going to replace both. What tyres do you recommend, please? Thank you so much :smiley:

Is France one of those countries that have rules that all tyres must be exactly the same type? In which case, order exactly what you already have remaining, unless you want to replace all of them.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Is France one of those countries that have rules that all tyres must be exactly the same type? In which case, order exactly what you already have remaining, unless you want to replace all of them.
Not actually true although many tyre dealers will try to say so. In France tyres on the same axle must be identical in every respect (including make). There must also be no more than 5mm difference in tread depth between tyres on the same axle to pass the CT.

• Informative
Reactions: HKF
Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Not actually true although many tyre dealers will try to say so. In France tyres on the same axle must be identical in every respect (including make). There must also be no more than 5mm difference in tread depth between tyres on the same axle to pass the CT.
I've had a car pass with 2 different tyres on the same axle. The controller said it's not a fail but the gendarmes would consider it unsafe. If I need to buy just 1 tyre it's almost impossible, you have to import from Germany.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I've had a car pass with 2 different tyres on the same axle. The controller said it's not a fail but the gendarmes would consider it unsafe. If I need to buy just 1 tyre it's almost impossible, you have to import from Germany.
If it's all that faff, needing to import a tyre from Germany to beat the French system, you might as well import a pair so that you have a spare for next time... :LOL: No point in having 2 lots of grief ...

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back