LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Many times in the past I have advised prospective new owners "Get in the MH and pretend you are using every facility".

Well we've just screwed up.

Ten years into MHing, we did the get in and pretend as experienced MHers.

We were moving from over cab huge bed to low down fixed bed.

We kicked off shoes, lay on bed, OK.

Friday we sleep in out new MH for first time. This time on same bed but with single duvets. Everything changed. The bed was way too narrow. By 1 0'clock I was making up the second bed. We were hemmed in by a bathroom wall and a window, it was really tight and claustrophobic. The huge over cab bed was perfect by comparison, all except for the ladder which 'er indoors objected to.

Luckily bed 2 is well designed and converts from two settees to a nice bed in under a minute, so it's not a deal breaker, we can live with it but it just goes to show just how accurately you should do your testing before purchase.

Reactions: DBK
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Many times in the past I have advised prospective new owners "Get in the MH and pretend you are using every facility".

Well we've just screwed up.

Ten years into MHing, we did the get in and pretend as experienced MHers.

We were moving from over cab huge bed to low down fixed bed.

We kicked off shoes, lay on bed, OK.

Friday we sleep in out new MH for first time. This time on same bed but with single duvets. Everything changed. The bed was way too narrow. By 1 0'clock I was making up the second bed. We were hemmed in by a bathroom wall and a window, it was really tight and claustrophobic. The huge over cab bed was perfect by comparison, all except for the ladder which 'er indoors objected to.

Luckily bed 2 is well designed and converts from two settees to a nice bed in under a minute, so it's not a deal breaker, we can live with it but it just goes to show just how accurately you should do your testing before purchase.
So it would be a good idea to test the bed for all eventualities prior to purchase!!!!!!!

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Found the same in our old Autotrail FB.

I assume you also have a similar layout.

Used to make both double beds. (y)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am sure once you relocated Brian the bed was amply big enough again :)

Anyway you are still young enough to change MH's again, but make it quick :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back