New Product 2020 - Thetford Grey Water Fresh (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Thetford Grey Water Fresh is a newly formulated product to get rid of nasty waste tank niffs! (y) If anyone tries it please post & let us know how effective it is - some samples were given out at the recent NEC Show but apparently not on sale until early next year :frowny:
Thetford toilet cassette tank cleaner is a very effective product so hopefully this one for grey waste tanks is too.

1571763070855.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Previously posted here with other new products, discounts & offers from recent NEC Show:

Deleted User
That version may be new but we have been using both Thetford and Elsan grey tank freshener to good effect for years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
That version may be new but we have been using both Thetford and Elsan grey tank freshener to good effect for years.
Handy to know that those versions work well (y)

It is meant to be a new improved formulation but the new name & image of a plug should make it a lot clearer that it is for grey not toilet waste tanks compared to the current one:
1571766268025.png

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
We've been using thetford grey tank fresh for a couple of years. Gets rid of the whiffy smells.I forgot to empyt grey wast. Flew off to Corfu for three weeks. Went in van on return home .What a stink.First I tried Coca-Cola, And other things mentioned on here.None worked.Tried thetford and cleared the smell.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
This stuff is cheap and works really well at making the grey waste smell pleasant

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We drop a couple of bleach tablets into the sink and washbasin plug holes before driving home. Water going the plug hole dissolves them, creating a bleach solution in the grey water tank.

We don’t get problems with “niffs” even in the 30C+ temperatures in Burgundy in summer.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My grey water niffs when emptying, but doesnt smell in the van. Have some people got missing or no traps?

Mine has traps but they are not very deep particularly the shower one. They tend to become empty as you roll around islands especially. I still only use dishwasher tablets, it cleans the gunk in tank bottom and the smell. Zoflora occasionally

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Oh TinaL saw Thetford Blue on line offer at silly money i.e £6.99 per bottle, so ordered 2 of them. When they arrived the first thing I noticed was that the label was a turquoise blue, not dark blue, further examination revealed it was a grey waste tank freshener, not a cassette freshener, so I now have 2 bottles down the shed, as we dont get a smelly grey waste tank, somehow:rolleyes: must be my regular flush technique, along with leaving the waste tap open when the van is stored.
Tip: we never put the washing up bowl water down the sink, we empty outside the van to save food particles and grease going into the waste tank.

I will of course now use the Thetford grey waste stuff should we ever need to, but the tried & tested method of poring some biological washing machine fluid down the plug holes with a little water before going on a run out in the van seems to work for most on here.
Les

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back