New MH’ers (1 Viewer)

Jan 14, 2024
Ripponden, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 75
Hi All

Jim, Rach & Juno the Beagle from Ripponden W.Yorks are now part of the MH community.

We bought a 09 Chausson Welcome 75 last week…now trying it our for the first time in (occasionally sunny) Anglesey.

We have already had the seats priced up for recovering so that’s sorted, completed a water clean-out so we know how to do it etc, and have got up to speed with the heating system etc. Did our first cassette this morning…all good fun! 🤩

Couple of questions (maybe redirect to Chausson owners?):
  • The Truma safety/drain valve has a clip on (thus preventing auto shutdown due to cold) is this normal? (See picture below)
  • The front seating (under the dinette seats) heater points don’t seem to work…is this a ‘thing’…due to the distance to the boiler?
  • And most people seem to have a barrel going in to the water point…are people using these to avoid refilling tanks? I ‘think’ the tank in ours is 140litres but we still went thru nearly a tank on the first day…and I’m sure I have no leaks etc?
Enjoying finding out more about our little van (named Luna) and when the rains passed over the beaches in Ynys Mon are superb as ever!
bd895c7e-cfb5-40d3-8d6d-1791812f44ff.jpeg
IMG_0098.jpeg
IMG_0121.jpeg
IMG_0100.jpeg

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
:hiya2: w2f

140 litres a day? Are you sure there isn’t a drain valve open? Does your water pump turn off? If always running you might have a leak.

Is there air coming from your heater vents? It is not unusual for the furthest away from the boiler to be less effective. Or a duct could have come loose in the run to the vents.

OP
OP
obmij77t
Jan 14, 2024
Ripponden, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 75
:hiya2: w2f

140 litres a day? Are you sure there isn’t a drain valve open? Does your water pump turn off? If always running you might have a leak.

Is there air coming from your heater vents? It is not unusual for the furthest away from the boiler to be less effective. Or a duct could have come loose in the run to the vents.
Yes pump turns off, and I’ve checked the underside (we had rain so I moved the van to see if there was any telltale signs…there was but only by the waste water tank…which shouldn’t affect the clean water tank anyway?)

And yes hot air is coming out of the vent nearest the boiler….

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Follow the heater air pipes. Not uncommon to become detached or bent and crushed.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The furthest heater outlets usually have little coming out of them just due to the general resistance in the longer pipework. Possibly as new motorhomers you haven't yet got used to saving water eg when showering and washing up. You will with experience.
The clip shouldn't be on the boiler drain routinely though useful sometimes
It's not common for motorhomes to use an external water container. May be a local peculiarity, most don't carry anything other than hoses and a watering can

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
And yes hot air is coming out of the vent nearest the boiler….
possibly come away somewhere along the run, close/block the closest ones to direct heat to the farther ones and try again, and check on gas (hotter quicker than leccy)

Clip on drain valve, some do, or use a peg etc on the old style, as you know they are designed to drop the contents at around 3 or 4 degress to prevent frost damage to the vans plumbing, and trust me it doesnt take much.

they will still have to fill the barrels, some do some dont, but it does save weight when traveling in the van, most dont, most use the van tanks nad travel full (like me) or fill on arrival if poss.

140 LITRES!!!!!!!!!!!! good lord man woman...youve been showering a bit long i think :LOL:
Am loving the dog

Welcome..remember no question is too much here

Apr 20, 2020
Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact SC.
Exp
Since 2017
I ‘think’ the tank in ours is 140litres but we still went thru nearly a tank on the first day…and I’m sure I have no leaks etc?
140L in a day is a lot of water.
It should easily last three days.
Some tanks have two capacities - 20L for travelling and alternatively a full tank.
Our is like that and has a "wheel" on top of the tank which operates the drain valve.
If the wheel is partially turned the tank will only hold 20L.
To get the full capacity the wheel need to be fully tightened down.
It might be worth checking if yours is the same.

Edit - We don't use the 20L option as we always travel with a full tank.

OP
OP
obmij77t
Jan 14, 2024
Ripponden, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 75
Thanks all for the feedback….good fun working out how it all works….krypton factor/escape room!

I have started tracking the vent hoses as that was my first port of call logically. I think it may be a design quirk though…the farther away from the boiler the less heat is being let out.

:LOL:

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We are the servants to a Jack Russell and two Beagles. The biggest problem you'll find is that worktops are big enough to keep food away from the canine hoover 😂

Welcome to Fun

OP
OP
obmij77t
Jan 14, 2024
Ripponden, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 75
We are the servants to a Jack Russell and two Beagles. The biggest problem you'll find is that worktops are big enough to keep food away from the canine hoover 😂

Welcome to Fun
She is half beagle/half jack….Jackabee apparently! We love her to pieces…but yes our lives revolve around her.
She is selectively greedy but it’s never been a major issue. She does like to ‘do one’ after any wildlife so we’ve lost her numerous times….thank god for gps. Tired pup today though!

a12f9f6b-0cff-4f3b-b578-ca792cac9775.jpeg
trackers!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back