New Member (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Hi all.

My name is Fred, and my wife and I have recently acquired a Fiat Ducato based Etrusco CV 540DB van, having previously owned VW based and VW style conversions on other base vehicles. We live near Loughborough in the East Midlands. I am busy fettling the Etrusco prior to its first long trip into Europe. We are both retired, and I have a background in electronics, though most of my career was spent working in IT, so I am fairly comfortable working with anything electrical. So far I have installed a Dometic aircon unit in place of the rear roof light and installed two solar panels together with a Renogy MPPT controller and also fitted a Renogy inverter. Latest refinements are making an alarm to indicate if the mains hook up is in place when turning the ignition on, which I have combined with the existing alarm for the extending step. I have also installed a light sensor circuit to turn on the headlights when it gets dark, as the base vehicle lacks this. I often search forums such as this for information when working on my motorbikes and camper vans, so decided to sign up here and see if I can post anything useful in return.

OP
OP
fred_jb
Feb 5, 2024
Funster No
MH
Etrusco CV540 DB
Thanks to everybody for the welcomes. :happy:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun