New Book on the Flora of Cornwall (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
There is a new book on the flora of Cornwall just been published.

I think I might have heard an intake of breath when the price was spotted! :)

But you can get it for £40 if you contact the author directly by email: cnfrench@talktalk.net I've just ordered a copy. Not for everyone of course but we are hoping to take the van to Cornwall next month so I will go fully armed for some plant hunting. I spent almost as much earlier this year on a book about Spanish orchids which is sitting unused on my bookshelf but this one might get opened a few times this year. The Spanish orchids will still be there in 2021 I hope. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
There is a new book on the flora of Cornwall just been published.

I think I might have heard an intake of breath when the price was spotted! :)

But you can get it for £40 if you contact the author directly by email: cnfrench@talktalk.net I've just ordered a copy. Not for everyone of course but we are hoping to take the van to Cornwall next month so I will go fully armed for some plant hunting. I spent almost as much earlier this year on a book about Spanish orchids which is sitting unused on my bookshelf but this one might get opened a few times this year. The Spanish orchids will still be there in 2021 I hope. :)
From the blurb: "the extensive bramble section is written by Keith Spurgin"
We had an extensive bramble section in every one of our gardens in Cornwall :wondering:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From the blurb: "the extensive bramble section is written by Keith Spurgin"
We had an extensive bramble section in every one of our gardens in Cornwall :wondering:
One of things I've discovered this year is what I used to think of as one plant has now in some cases been split off into many different ones. There are over 200 species of dandelion and they even have their own book now:

Brambles are even worse, with over 300 and possibly 500 micro-species identified!

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
It arrived this week, hand delivered no less. 😀 It's an absolute doorstep of book! But hats off to the folk who checked every single square kilometre of Cornwall to record what was growing there. It has an interesting section on botanical hotspots, the Lizard and Camel valley for example. I can see us visiting these places in the van this year. 😀

IMG_20200627_102302.jpg

IMG_20200627_102319.jpg

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That looks a true labour of love, John. If I was still living in Cornwall, I'd certainly get a copy. Beautiful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
looks very detailed , but don't have the payload .....so will have to stick to my pocket sized :confused:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back