Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
I can thoroughly recommend a Moustache bike. They are a French company and my bike just shouts quality every time I use it. The Bosch hub drive motor is a beauty.

Only thing is I wish I went for the step through rather than the crossbar. I might regret that in later years!

Cheers

Gerry

Attachments

• Moustache Samedi.jpg
    Moustache Samedi.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 24
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Great bikes, I have a hybrid 8.9 that weighs in at about 10kg - no batteries required 😁
That’s the model I wanted but they were just impossible to get hold of.
The Urban 8.9 came into stock and when I thought about it it was a much better option for me because of the belt drive and hub gears.
So much better when cramming loads of kit into the MoHo garage.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Mountain bikes are getting heavier and heavier. But it doesn't seem to be making them any slower, even up hill. They do take more core muscle to pump and keep them on line on high speed berms, but that's mainly the 29" wheels with massive rubber. They just roll so well now. The only time the weight is really an issue is when I'm trying to lift it above my head to get it on the rack on the back of the van!

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Mountain bikes are getting heavier and heavier. The only time the weight is really an issue is when I'm trying to lift it above my head to get it on the rack on the back of the van!
Block and tackle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
All leccy bikes should be able to go faster than the measly 15.5 mph U.K. limit.
Obviously had that speed set for pussies, around 30mph is a good speed although I think I was doing over 40 down Buster hill before the back came up going over a bump😬😬😬
Slowed down a bit after that😂😂
I don’t bounce as well as I use to😂😂

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Obviously had that speed set for pussies, around 30mph is a good speed although I think I was doing over 40 down Buster hill before the back came up going over a bump😬😬😬
Slowed down a bit after that😂😂
I don’t bounce as well as I use to😂😂
You don't need the motor to go downhill. ::bigsmile:

Don't you think that 30mph effectively makes it a motorbike?

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Mountain bikes are getting heavier and heavier. But it doesn't seem to be making them any slower, even up hill. They do take more core muscle to pump and keep them on line on high speed berms, but that's mainly the 29" wheels with massive rubber. They just roll so well now. The only time the weight is really an issue is when I'm trying to lift it above my head to get it on the rack on the back of the van!

I still prefer <10kgs;)

IMG_9815.jpeg

Just about scrape under 10kgs with the Racing Ralphs on. But in the end the the motor is still the weakest link:LOL: Two XCM races this year has proven that..... the legs and lungs are getting older:cry:

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I still prefer <10kgs;)

View attachment 556505

Just about scrape under 10kgs with the Racing Ralphs on. But in the end the the motor is still the weakest link:LOL: Two XCM races this year has proven that..... the legs and lungs are getting older:cry:
I did a race across the Chiltern Ridge race this year and scored reasonably well. But a heavy trail/enduro bike is serious overkill for fields in Hertfordshire. Bike Park Wales is great fun, but it's going to get me seriously injured if I go to often. This year I've done a few of the passes between the reservoirs in the Peaks and some all day routes in Wales. I am starting to enjoy the distance stuff more and more. But most of those kind of routes don't need masses of suspension. I'm considering getting a gravel or a hardtail adventure bike and trying some overnight runs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back