New bike day (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Just bought this beauty to replace the full fat Cube I've enjoyed for over a year. They are every bit as good as the reviews suggest

Attachments

• 20211008_170304.jpg
    20211008_170304.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 313
Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Very nice, what's the weight?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We’ll be popping into the Pure Electric Shop in Bristol to look at their range. (y)

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Recent
Nice looker
Any more details??
It's an Orbea Rise, I've got one as well. Great bike, light for an ebike and runs a Shimano EP8 motor. Not the most powerful motor available but a great balance between weight and power and can be ridden perfectly happily without power on, unlike some of the more powerful ebikes out there. Basically, a level of fitness required!

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Loving my Orbea Oiz that i picked up a few months back. Will be using it a bit more as the seasons change and enjoy the geometry a lot.

Didn't get a motor with mine:LOL:

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Does anyone remember jack tayor cycles ? Just wondering

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Nice bike, what others did you consider please?
Was after a hybrid type for a few reasons
Lose some bulk.
Get fitter
easier to get on and off MH.
The shop by us had several road bikes in - Dolan - Boardman - Trek that they offered to convert - straight bars etc. All where large sizes though.
The Bianchi came in as a trade in on a Tuesday morning, they rang me, legged it round there, threw a leg over!!! and paid there and then.
Ps any one got some sudafed :oops:
Does anyone remember jack tayor cycles ? Just wondering
In My earlier days several of the "older" guys around had some, I remember someone having a sweet looking tandem from them. Based in the North East I think. They also did a frame with a curved seat tube, long before aero frames.
"Older" = I'm now that age. 😄

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
Was after a hybrid type for a few reasons
Lose some bulk.
Get fitter
The shop by us had several road bikes in - Dolan - Boardman - Trek that they offered to convert - straight bars etc. All where large sizes though.
The Bianchi came in as a trade in on a Tuesday morning, they rang me, legged it round there, threw a leg over!!! and paid there and then.

In My earlier days several of the "older" guys around had some, I remember someone having a sweet looking tandem from them. Based in the North East I think. They also did a frame with a curved seat tube, long before aero frames.
Well my daughter bought his bungalow and land last year they have pulled the bungalow down and rebuilding a new one. I have a metal penny farthing which was found in his loft. Age is just a number

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
That was meant for Robbie Clarke. Yep jack was based in the north east

Deleted User
DrWas after a hybrid type for a few reasons
Lose some bulk.
Get fitter

Thanks for this, nice looker, hope you enjoy it.... I had a similar dilemma and was looking for a flat bar road bike. Most road riders spend their time on the top bars or on the hoods, I get neck ache and a flat bar was the best option so I went for this https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/fastroad-advanced-1?partnumber=90113314
Cheers Ss.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm still trying to remain human powered for as long as I can. The latest eMTBs are so fast, I don't even think it's the same sport anymore.

My biggest problem is in this weather, I go through a pair of brake pads in a couple of hours.
PXL_20201129_103453051.jpg

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
My latest bike is a Boardman Urban.
Fed up with struggling to heave my very heavy electric Kalkhof in and out of the garage I went for something super light.
On our recent six week trip to France the Kalkhof never came out of the garage.
The eagle eyed among you might notice that it’s belt drive with hub gears so no greasy chain to soil things that are packed up against it in the garage, plus it has carbon forks for lightness and a bit of comfort.
A super bike that’s a joy to ride.

2923DB3C-FF48-490F-91D4-DB488E567E1A.jpeg

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Fed up with struggling to heave my very heavy electric Kalkhof in and out of the garage I went for something super light.
The eagle eyed among you might notice that it’s belt drive with hub gears so no greasy chain to soil things that are packed up against it in the garage, plus it has carbon forks for lightness and a bit of comfort.

View attachment 556069

Lovely looking bike:love: looks like a high speed croissant collector (y)

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I'm still trying to remain human powered for as long as I can. The latest eMTBs are so fast, I don't even think it's the same sport anymore.

My biggest problem is in this weather, I go through a pair of brake pads in a couple of hours.
View attachment 556026
Is that a 36 cog front sprocket? Can’t count the big rear.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Lovely looking bike:love: looks like a high speed croissant collector (y)
Exactly right. (y)

It was such a faff dragging the electric bike out of the garage first thing I wanted something I could lift with just a couple of fingers.
Brilliant for nipping around town and also quite good on gravel.

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
By Eck, look at that saddle

It’s strange!
The saddle on the Boardman is hard as a board and looks as if it will cut you in half.
The handlebar grips are solid with no give and the tyres are skinny and hard.
But, despite all that it is amazingly comfortable to ride.
No, I don’t understand either. :Eeek:

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Is that a 36 cog front sprocket? Can’t count the big rear.
In the photo it's a 32 front and a 10-51 on the rear... except since that photo was taken I've changed to an oval 30t front. I rarely run out of high gears, but then the bike is very rarely on tarmac. I don't hang about on the trails, but eMTBs do pass me on the uphills like I'm standing still.

Sep 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Recent
Nice bike. My OH has a very similar looking Boardman but the ebike version, an 8.9e. It's light enough for her to be able to use it without power for most of the time but gives her the confidence to go on longer rides when it's a bit hilly or windy! Boardman make some decent bikes to be fair. (y)

Deleted User

View attachment 556069
Great bikes, I have a hybrid 8.9 that weighs in at about 10kg - no batteries required 😁

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

View attachment 556069
Can I ask how much it weighs?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back