Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Copied from CAMpRA’s FB page:

Thank you all for your help - below is the announcement I have just posted on a couple of pages.x

Firstly - huge thank you to all that replied to my earlier posts about setting up an Aire style park up on my farm near the Isle of Skye!

Thanks to the amazingly positive feedback you all gave me I decided to go for it!! I’ve been busy getting set up on the farm and now just set up my website, please please pop on and have a look, the website needs traffic! I know it’s not perfect and i welcome constructive criticism.

I really hope this helps you all and contributes towards spreading the word that Skye and Lochalsh is a really welcoming place for all, and gives you guys something you need/want as well as helping with my farm diversification!

I’ll add more to the website as we go, but for now I’m really looking forward to welcoming our first visitors after the 26th of April!!

I wonder if our first visitor will be a member of this page??

www.overnightparking.co.uk

Feb 10, 2017
Newcastle-under-Lyme
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2014
Hi, site looks good and we would definitely look to stop by if in the area. Its good to see you offer the waste & water only charge which suits us perfectly for a lot of the time.

BTW are the website navigation buttons at the top still work in progress? Not sure if its my Mac or not though!

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
The NC500 route is causing lots of issues due to its success story, but unfortunate limited ability to cope with the influx of campers. As your site is very close to where you'd start/end this from a west coast direction, you might want to consider specific marketing as a start/end point for this route.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Looks good, but would be nice to have a little more info.: How many spaces, any size issues view of and from the actual area etc

Reactions: DBK
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Will it open all year?
good luck, I’m sure it will be very popular👍

Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
Great news. I'll certainly use it when visiting friends who live opposite the new distillery on Sleat and when and if the traffic eases on the NC500.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ll certainly consider this place next time we’re that way.

OP
OP
Potty
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Will it open all year?
good luck, I’m sure it will be very popular👍
Can I suggest that anybody with queries uses the “Let’s Chat” bubble on the website as Holly, the owner, won’t see anything posted here.

It will be open all year.

OP
OP
Potty
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Hi, site looks good and we would definitely look to stop by if in the area. Its good to see you offer the waste & water only charge which suits us perfectly for a lot of the time.

BTW are the website navigation buttons at the top still work in progress? Not sure if its my Mac or not though!

Nick
They seem to be working on my iPad.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I wonder if it's the rough looking space on the right of the first image on their website? If it is the marker on the map is in the wrong place although it's close to the farm entrance. They may only be limited to 5 places like CL/CSs although are the rules different in Scotland?

But I wish them the best. It will be popular when better known. :)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Just left a message on the website, saying well done & thanks for setting up the aire.
I am sure when up that way we will all use it, depending on size, it could be a good meet up place to venture to & from.
Hopefully the start of many of these facilities, at those prices most will be happy to use them.
LES

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
I am now hoping to be there on 9 th May- adding it to itinerary for Skye !!

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
I've searched for the exact location.

Certainly not at the point shown on their website - it's here 57.287833, -5.591494 well that's the building that Google gives as The Farm, Auchtertyre, By Kyle of Lochalsh, IV40 8EG

or see it this way https://goo.gl/maps/ZgcZir2VNPwaLMGi9

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Just seen it myself, and asked them if I could put them on here, got a positive response, but got beaten to it. they also let you dump black & grey, and top up water for a £5 charge, sounds good to me and a fantastic location.Looking forward to stopping there :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back