New 2024 ACSI digital subscription - no need to buy books! (2 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I see there will be 8 different nightly price bands in the ACSI guide for next year, ranging from €13 to €27.

It's getting a bit expensive at the top end, especially by comparison with 2023 - 6 bands from: €13 to €23.

And I think it is possible for the first time to participate without the books in 2024, just a digital subscription (if preferred) - see details at the bottom of the post.

1699111438706.png

usp-icon-oranje_2.png
Always pay one of the eight fixed, low-cost nightly rates: €13, €15, €17, €19, €21, €23, €25 or €27.​

usp-icon-oranje_2.png
3,000 participating campsites, inspected every year​

usp-icon-oranje_2.png
Save up to 60% per night​

New: CampingCard ACSI & Motorhome pitches Digital
In 2024 as well, you can travel with the complete digital CampingCard ACSI & Motorhome pitches. With that, you will always have the discount card and all information at hand on your smartphone or tablet!​

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Yes I have the digital card next year, never have used the books, I found them too hard to decipher the codes.

Still cheap I think for the sites as I’ve just paid the equivalent of 33€ a night here and that was cheap compared to CAMC site in same location at 40€.

You can guarantee the 27€ sites will have lots of facilities or spot on location, and probably both.

I stayed on a fantastic town centre site in the Loir recently with every facility but a restaurant/bar and it was only 15€! 8€ less than the max and fully serviced pitch with fully heated facilities.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
I did presume that if you buy the digital card it is similar to the books in that it only runs December to December. Heading to Spain next week and realised I’ve left it too late to order books before we go. It says on link you can preorder but also says can use from date of purchase. I presume this will only be once scheme up and running.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I've not used acsi for a couple of years. When my van was stolen, so was my acsi book! But i did find it useful if only for guidance. Plus nowadays I'm happy with Aires. But the online version makes good sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I did presume that if you buy the digital card it is similar to the books in that it only runs December to December. Heading to Spain next week and realised I’ve left it too late to order books before we go. It says on link you can preorder but also says can use from date of purchase. I presume this will only be once scheme up and running.
When at the NEC I asked the ACSI chap how it worked and for digital membership it will only start once you activate it and not January to December, so if you don't go away till March and activate it then it will run for 12 months from then. Much better and the old books were such a waste of paper and money.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Sounds great. Shame it doesn’t start now as November to November would suit. Looks like I’m paying full price on way down but will then get digital sorted.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
When at the NEC I asked the ACSI chap how it worked and for digital membership it will only start once you activate it and not January to December, so if you don't go away till March and activate it then it will run for 12 months from then. Much better and the old books were such a waste of paper and money.
My digital version starts on Jan 1 even though I subscribed to it a few weeks ago, it seems logical that it will start after your book membership expires. They probably mean that new subscribers start at any time of the year so you could let it lapse and then start it when you need it.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
I’m not as convinced on ACSI as a concept.

Off peak is becoming peak now with the huge contingent of D, NL & F that seems to be invading Southern Spain over the winter. Many sites are pretty much full booked in the period where the whole premise behind ACSI was to attract more customers.

A site or two in Portugal we stayed at had tariffs which only had incentivised/cheaper deals in May June and Sept Oct which is their only low season now.

Also, on two sites this year we’ve been told that we don’t fit on a standard pitch at our size, so can’t have the ACSI rate.

Not sure I will bother with ACSI again TBH.

Mar 8, 2016
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2009
Just been doing a search, there have been a few cards sold recently. Should have bought one of them. Think digital version will be ideal. Thanks for all your help.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
My digital version starts on Jan 1 even though I subscribed to it a few weeks ago, it seems logical that it will start after your book membership expires. They probably mean that new subscribers start at any time of the year so you could let it lapse and then start it when you need it.
How do you know I haven't got my digital subscription yet?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’m not as convinced on ACSI as a concept.

Off peak is becoming peak now with the huge contingent of D, NL & F that seems to be invading Southern Spain over the winter. Many sites are pretty much full booked in the period where the whole premise behind ACSI was to attract more customers.

A site or two in Portugal we stayed at had tariffs which only had incentivised/cheaper deals in May June and Sept Oct which is their only low season now.

Also, on two sites this year we’ve been told that we don’t fit on a standard pitch at our size, so can’t have the ACSI rate.

Not sure I will bother with ACSI again TBH.
We stayed on a site for a few days in Spain, if you didn't want EHU standard rate was cheaper than the ACSI rate.

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
With a digital subscription are the card details stored permanently on your phone or tablet or do you need a phone signal for it to work?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I have already ordered my book from Vicarious Books on their offer. Seems mad that the physical book is cheaper from them than the app based digital subscription, £19.99 compared to €23.99

This year is the first time in all the years we’ve been getting it that we’ve not used it. I blame the new kitchen extension with all the building works at the beginning of this year. We’ll be putting that right come February hopefully , it’s certainly worked for us in Spain and France before. I notice the two Devon campsites we used to use are gone though.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
I'm a new ACSI user as we are first timers touring Europe, do we just need to purchase the digital subscription for €17.95 as new users, and that gives us the discount card we need?
Screenshot_20231122_171114_com.android.chrome.jpg

Then we just show this card when we arrive to our pre-booked campsite, or do we have to book as an ACSI user?

I haven't quite fully got the hang of it yet.!

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
I'm a new ACSI user as we are first timers touring Europe, do we just need to purchase the digital subscription for €17.95 as new users, and that gives us the discount card we need?
View attachment 836416
Then we just show this card when we arrive to our pre-booked campsite, or do we have to book as an ACSI user?

I haven't quite fully got the hang of it yet.!
When I spoke to ACSI at the NEC you need to activate your subscription then you can use it and your membership card will be in the app. Once activated it last a year. As its new none of us really know yet.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
And,

I'm now even more confused.

Just installed the ACSI app from the Google play store, having a little play with it and it's only £8.99 to subscribe for the year!

There's too many choices with little information to what you get
Screenshot_20231122_200018_eu.acsi.europa.jpg

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
And,

I'm now even more confused.

Just installed the ACSI app from the Google play store, having a little play with it and it's only £8.99 to subscribe for the year!

There's too many choices with little information to what you get
View attachment 836546
You got the wrong app its camping card acsi you need
Screenshot_20231122_202725_One UI Home.jpg

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
Argh, so what's the difference between campingcard ACSI and ACSI camping Europe?

Just different campsites, along the lines of CAMC and CCC?

So worth getting both

EDIT.

Found a good description about the different versions of ACSI on wandering birds website

Last edited:
May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
When I first joined, before the App’s were on the go, I bought the ACSI Eurocamping list of sites on a CD. No discounts, no card but a lot of info on a lot of sites. I don’t bother now.

I still use the ACSI camping card and the associated App. Next year my subscription goes fully digital so no card or books. It will be interesting if the new digital card will be available only on the App or can you put it in your phone’s wallet? 5 weeks will tell 😜

I have also used EU camping books in the past but now use search for diets predominantly or just Google maps to find places where I want to be.

The important bit is location location, discounts are a bonus if the site is what you want.

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
When I first joined, before the App’s were on the go, I bought the ACSI Eurocamping list of sites on a CD. No discounts, no card but a lot of info on a lot of sites. I don’t bother now.

I still use the ACSI camping card and the associated App. Next year my subscription goes fully digital so no card or books. It will be interesting if the new digital card will be available only on the App or can you put it in your phone’s wallet? 5 weeks will tell 😜

I have also used EU camping books in the past but now use search for diets predominantly or just Google maps to find places where I want to be.

The important bit is location location, discounts are a bonus if the site is what you want.
Sorry, I know it's predictive text, but search for diets is the best ever 👍

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
One to note:
If you have a €uro account, or Starling/Revolute/Wise/Monzo etc. card where you can pay in €uro you pay €14 rather than £15 as no conversion cost and no rounding up.

I bought my card starting April 2024 in October 23 at the NEC in €uro's

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back