Nests in the engine (1 Viewer)

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Beware the blackbirds! Today we spotted a blackbird with beak full of dry grass and twiggy bits flying under the rv and investigated -we have a perfectly formed nest on top of the engine - tried for ages tonight to put the pic on site but can't - we've only been here 3 days!
Please check yours before you set sail

Jan

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
When mine went in for LPG convertion the mechanics found a mouse nest in my engine :roflmto:
Apparently its not unusual to have nests in the intake of your furnace either :whatthe:

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Probably won't sleep tonight listening for flutterings, munchings etc - best keep the bar open a smidge longer.
Jan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its always a good idea to check for nests this time of year, I am sure they have been responsible for few fires. How about this guy, on his way to work and couldn't understand the strong smells coming from the engine. He had a shock when he looked, but it was a good excuse to be late for work...

Don't scroll down if you are squeamish
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
This unfortunate creature was probably attracted to the warmth and the dark, what a shame, looked like a great specimen.
>
>
>
>
snake1.jpg

snake2.jpg

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Yuk! We'll settle for the blackbirds any day!
Jan
ps she's still building despite my tinfoil deterrents, we're hoovering out the engine twice a day now and hoping a more attractive rig turns up soon.

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
When mine went in for LPG convertion the mechanics found a mouse nest in my engine :roflmto:
Apparently its not unusual to have nests in the intake of your furnace either :whatthe:

Ah, that might explain something. We turned the furnace on a couple of weeks ago and it smelled of toast! Crispy fried mice anyone? :ROFLMAO:

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
Double yuk! Not a lot you can capitalise on there

F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Tell me about it!!

The Winnie is due to go some time next week. The chap is picking her up on Wed the 21st and we have discovered a blue tit nest in the furnace intake complete with three chicks!

Never has there been a better argument for putting a fine mesh grill over all of the exposed holes.

I just hope they can learn to fly in 10 days otherwise I will be responsible for either murder or, at the very least, eviction. Not easy when you are an ardent bird lover!

F

foggyparrot

Deleted User
Yeah I know Tony.

The b**gers didn't even sign a tennency agreement and they're three weeks behind on their rent!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back